My first drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first drive

I have just had my first test drive in a surf. That is several firsts for me; first 4x4, first auto, first diesel.

I was quite impressed. The car felt quite nice (even if the one in question wasnt exactly a sparkling example).

As I sold my car this morning, with the intension of picking up a surf over this weekend, I am now searching high and low for a suitable example.

Now I have had the chance to try one out though, I have deffinatly got my heart set on a surf.

What engine/gen was it
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

It was a 93 2nd gen 2.4. The rear bumper was rotten, the engine and rear diff appeared to be leaking, the rear window didn't work, the Speedo didn't work and the exhaust clamp under the bonnet rattled like mad.

Comment

Good luck with your search, Chris. Take your time and hold out for a good 3.0. There's a few out there.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Good luck with your search, Chris. Take your time and hold out for a good 3.0. There's a few out there.
          Indeed there is
          Brian

Comment

I have seen a couple. Both had gone just before I found them though.

Comment

I have just put a deposit on a 1994 2nd gen 3.0 TD surf. I'm very pleased. Should pick it up Friday. Just hope its as good as it seems. IV got to drive it nearly 90 miles home !

Comment

Working...
              X