Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease nipple leaking grease

Folks,

I have been greasing the nipples on the prop shaft on my 3.0l Gen3 and all was going ok but one does not seem to be holding the grease ! It is going in and then when I remove the grease gun the grease comes back out of the nipple !

Should I not drive the truck until I replace the nipple ?

Can I confirm they are M6 for replacement and I assume you just undo the old one and screw in a new one ?

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

The 2.4s have a couple of grease nipples that are pressed in. Maybe the same for the later models. Found that out when one of mine came out on the end of the grease gun. M6 is correct if they are threaded.

Nev.

Comment

I have some M6 going free if you need them, let me know your addy and I can get them off to you Monday if this helps. I cant see why you cant drive the Truck in the mean time, as long as the UJ is not worn and noisy.

Comment

Hi Webbo,

Many thanks that is a very kind offer but I have already ordered some from ebay.

I see from your profile and avatar that we have a shared interest that was one of the reasons I wanted to buy a Surf (the weather and where we live was the excuse to my wife!).

I have only had a Muntjac in the back of mine so far but hope to get a Fallow Buck in before end of April. My Surf came with a plastic boot liner which is very handy...The Mrs thinks so for going to the tip.

Once again many thanks & stay safe.

Philip
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

Comment

No worries, Happy Hunting...

Comment

Working...
          X