A tip for the shiney brigade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tip for the shiney brigade

Stolen (and de-Americanised) from a bike forum.

An easy(ish) way to remove stickers is with a little bit of heat (from a hair dryer), to soften the glue and then use a taut, fresh piece of fishing line or dental floss to 'saw' between the sticker and the body panel. A wee bit of WD40 should remove any stray glue from the panel.

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    Stolen (and de-Americanised) from a bike forum.

An easy(ish) way to remove stickers is with a little bit of heat (from a hair dryer), to soften the glue and then use a taut, fresh piece of fishing line or dental floss to 'saw' between the sticker and the body panel. A wee bit of WD40 should remove any stray glue from the panel.

That is a good find.

I have one of those faux chrome badges on the back of my truck that needs to come off, I will give that method a try.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

We used to keep wd40 in the work as it worked a treat at removing the you are illegally parked stickers. Just let it soak in and removed with ice scraper

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        That is a good find.

I have one of those faux chrome badges on the back of my truck that needs to come off, I will give that method a try.
        yip, just google debadging. its the preferred option especiqlly for really sticky oem badges with 3M glue. And you get the added bonus of nice fresh mint flavoured fingers when you are done!
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

The best thing I found to remove the left over glue on the side decals was petrol .

Comment

Just picked up mine. Had to instantly remove the pink Playboy bunny, on the back. Find for those before...but not me.

No hair-dryer to be found.

Butane torched it!

Comment

Working...
            X