yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 3LTD SSRX - About to take the plunge...but can it off-road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    What a stunning surf . The owner must have huge genitalia.

I think he then had a blue one then a V8 beast ...... but now suffers from a erectile dysfunction.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I think he nearly has a nice lifted 3rd gen.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        I think he nearly has a nice lifted 3rd gen.

Ah then a closet hairdresser ..... With Gay abandonment.....

I know a guy with pink overalls that you could date.

First gen .............. Hand on tool
        Second gen........... Head in hands
        Third gen ............. Hand on hip

Last edited by BioHazard; 30 March 2013, 23:01.
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

"Hippo's on the Plains" They were some Fun days Ian ......
          Hi n welcome to the Forum Sy ...
          Forget the mods for now get out n play in/with it n you'll find out what she's capable of n then mod what ya think it needs !!
          You'll be surprised what a standard Surf can do sept for good all round tyres enjoy ......

Originally posted by MWS View Post
          Hello Sy. Welcome to the forum. You have picked a good vehicle to be enthusiastic about. Every vehicle has its limits, and those limits can be extended with the right modifications. You'll find that the Surf is a great all rounder. There's loads of info on here about modifications, so as long as you do your homework, you'll be able to decide how far you want to take things. If you're looking for mud tyres at a reasonable price, I can recommend Maxxis Bighorns. Not too much road noise, decent wear rate, and good off road. I've had mine on for three years. Here are some gratuitous dirty pictures..
          Mick ya just a Dirty boy !!

11+Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 30 March 2013, 23:44.
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
            I noticed this one has a winch fitted. Would love to go down that road but for some reason thought I'd need a full-on boxed bumper.
            They do come up for sale occasionaly, Sy. This is from a Toyota parts catalogue.
            Attached Files
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

That's great! I much prefer those ones to be honest. Or at least that type of mount.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Really appreciate it

Comment

Where do I post a thread about the recent one I viewed (for opinions and thoughts)? Just here or start a new one?

Comment

The best advice i can give is thus:

S'up to you dude.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Fair does

Well...it was pretty good all round. Nothing got the alarm bells majorly ringing other than noticing contradictions in the sale patter.

I was initially slightly underwhelmed as it wasn't as clean as he made out on the phone. Nothing I can't put right...but still..."You won't find cleaner" and it was well dirty inside lol.

Sound guy but he knows what clean is...his bikes were stunning!

Everything checked out fine apart from the rear window. It opened fine via the internal switch but not via the key on the tailgate. I'll need to investigate that. Can't see it being a mission to sort.

Chip in windscreen that's been resin filled. This one isn't being used off-road but I suspect that will be problematic when I use it off-road.

Also it will shortly need two front tyres. I reckon.

Mechanically it all seemed well. The diesel engine ran far quieter and smoother than my 55 laguna seems lol. In fact...I was impressed with the engine side of matters. And that's a big deal.

Slight squeak in the steering. Not the CV joints...the actual steering column. Maybe this will be a cure!

They're smaller than I expected but I took it to a gravelly car-park to check the 4x4 functions. It was fun in 2WD full locks/tight turns and gripped great when switching to 4WD. I didn't notice and mechanical movement or sounds when switching...but it definitely works as it was functionally noticeable.

Gear changes were ok. Nothing wrong...just not as uber smooth as my current car...but they're never going to be.

Loved the feel of it driving and these are definitely for me. Just need to see another for comparison (to see if I'm being too picky).

ps. After-market alloys are fugly (fair enough for a 19-year-old-car). Need to get some blacks steels.
                    Last edited by Sylux; 31 March 2013, 21:05.

Comment

The rear window on a 3rd gen works with a slight delay when the key is put in and turned so it might be the case you just didn't hold the key in posistion for long enough.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It's a 94 2nd Gen, fella.

Wonder if that still applies? Although I was holding it long enough.

Comment

2nd gen eh? ah well, it's most likely fecked.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                            The rear window on a 3rd gen works with a slight delay when the key is put in and turned so it might be the case you just didn't hold the key in posistion for long enough.
                            Both mine do that as well, it's because the key switch is linked to the central locking.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                              2nd gen eh? ah well, it's most likely fecked.

Comment

Hi Sylux

I bought a 95 3L ssrx gen 2 4 weeks or so ago, my first 4x4 or any kind, mines no pavement princess, within a couple of days I had her covered in mud and thats how shes staying

I am in the process of blacking all the chrome hairdresser bling and I got some mud tyres on the way but thats about all I'm doing to her... altho I may zombocalypse her a bit with some checker plate, gun racks (I do shoot) and some biohazard signs.

All that aside I love the old girl and I'm sure you're love yours

Comment

Working...
                                X