custom drive shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom drive shafts

i am in the process of installing a supra diff in the front end of my 2nd gen, the mounts have been made, prop shaft bolts up fine, i have the correct gears ready to go in and i am going to rebuild and tighten the lsd of the supra diff.
    The only thing i am missing is the drive shafts, i know there is alot of very clever people on here and was wondering if any of you are capable of machining a pair of drive shafts for me? or can recommend a company that can?
    strength is the main concern with price coming in a close second!
    i was considering welding a set up out of the original shafts but it would be nice to do it right the first time and not have to worry about them breaking.
    thanks

Why don't the Surf drive shafts fit? Wrong bolt pattern? Too long/short?

Anyhoo, send these guys a message of your requirements......
    http://www.cpsdrivelink.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
      i am in the process of installing a supra diff in the front end of my 2nd gen, the mounts have been made, prop shaft bolts up fine, i have the correct gears ready to go in and i am going to rebuild and tighten the lsd of the supra diff.
      The only thing i am missing is the drive shafts, i know there is alot of very clever people on here and was wondering if any of you are capable of machining a pair of drive shafts for me? or can recommend a company that can?
      strength is the main concern with price coming in a close second!
      i was considering welding a set up out of the original shafts but it would be nice to do it right the first time and not have to worry about them breaking.
      thanks
      Don't suppose you have any pictures of this ?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

the supra diff does not have the ADD system so it is alot narrow and driveshafts will be alot longer.
        i will be using the inner cvs from the supra so they bolt straight up to the diff and outer cvs from the surf, so will need the driveshafts to have the appropriate splines to match the cvs.
        the purpose of this conversion is to get more strength in the front end as i have developed a habit of breaking front diffs, it will also gain me traction as i am going to try and run the diff with a very small amount of slip, and because the drive shafts will be longer i will be able to cut my bumpstops down to get the best articulation without the risk of cvs binding up.
        thanks for the link bushwacker, will give them a go.
        i will try and find a decent camera to take some pictures, i found out about this conversion on the aussie site and it seems a good, easier alternative to a solid axle conversion.

Comment

I've seen this conversion before, it works nicely and seriously reduced CV angle with lift.

Good luck with the conversion and get us pictures please!

Oh, and make sure the front axle turns the right way
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Here
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X