rear bump stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear bump stops

long time no post! has anyone run their trucks without rear bump stops and to what effect, I have just discovered that they are floating around in the springs and it struck me it would be a bit of a bugger to get them changed
    thoughts please
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

had mine floating like that (thats why it was so bouncy), but decided to remove the remains of it that where still attached, that it was easier done due the 2" body lift, just needed to pop out a plastic cap to reach the nut that normally hold it on place, then removed the spring to remove it, and then fitted airbags instead fitting new bump stops.
    now is more steady, and great for towing, or when put all the tools in
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

thanks for your input, I havnt noticed any bounciness but I do have uprated springs, I seem to remember that I read on here that some had reduced theirs by half by cutting the end 'globe' off and some had removed them all together to give more axle travel, but I cant remember the actual details
      Tony

Comment

I thought it was the front ones you cut down. bump stops don't make a bouncy ride. thats worn shocks/dampers.
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Hey Tony where ya been hiding ?
          About 5 years or so ago I had stronger sprinsg fitted to my present Truck.
          I did cut the 2"-2 1/2" bobbly top of the bumpstop without any adverse effects to date, as ya fitted up rated springs early on don't think you'll notice any difference....

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

not hiding, just very involved with all sorts of stuff, family, health, future plans etc. most sorted now thank goodness, anyway thanks for your feedback I have to be honest I couldnt see any problems but just wanted to run it by all you whizz's out there - and hopefully be able to check in here a bit more often
            Tony

Comment

Working...
            X