Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

Just mid way through doing the head on my KZN185, assistant dropped a head bolt washer down the oil way which I presume is now in the sump. Failing pick up through block oil way with a magnet, how easy is it to get the sump off to retrieve the washer?

Head was totally goosed, cracked more or less everywhere, will get some pics up sometime.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Sorted, 24hr Tesco had a magnetic rod so got it picked out through the oil way!

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Cool, good effort.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My neighbour dropped the large camshaft sprocket washer down the front of his EF Ford Falcon and didn't retrieve it. He said it probably fell into the sump, but I was very nervous when he started it after doing the head. I half expected it to be lodged in the gears somewhere. Didn't go bang so must have. I would have dared to start it, unless I found the washer.

Nev.

Comment

A mate snapped the end off a file trying to lever off the camshaft pulley on his Opal Manta! It went into the sump.
          He never bothered to get it out and the car ran until he wrapped it round a lamppost.

Comment

Working...
          X