bright light bright light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bright light bright light

woo hoo just fitted gas discharge HID kit on my surf.. wow what a difference, not only does it look that cool white/blue like most bm's and mercs but christ it lights up the road 10 times better and it still holds a perfect beam pattern so no one get the hump and flashes me....

all happy so i will mainly be driving around at night now....

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    For an oldie like me

Whats a "gas discharge HID kit "

I assume it to do with headlamps ?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
      For an oldie like me

HID means High intensity discharge and is the new form of headlamp bulb that doesn't use a filament and instead uses an electric current to ignite an arc of Xenon gas (Bit like an Arc light I guess). It's the ones that a lot of new top end cars use that gives the blue/white high intensity light.

Bet they were expensive, I've seen prices in the high stratosphere for these things.

Cheers

Comment

For an oldie like me

Bob

You know tha candles that you have in the carriage lamps on the side of the horse and cart, well they are a bit brighter than those.

Comment

OH you mean the lights that the guy running in front of my carriage is carrying, why did'nt you say that ????????
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

OH you mean the lights that the guy running in front of my carriage is carrying, why did'nt you say that ????????
            Bob. Now you know you were told not to do that chasing southerners down the road even if they are carrying a light for you. The Procurator is going to catch up with you pretty soon M8

Comment

Originally posted by South east modifications
              woo hoo just fitted gas discharge HID kit on my surf.. wow what a difference, not only does it look that cool white/blue like most bm's and mercs but christ it lights up the road 10 times better and it still holds a perfect beam pattern so no one get the hump and flashes me....

all happy so i will mainly be driving around at night now....
              Have you got a bit more info on what you've done as this is something I've been concidering. Although the lights are quite good they are not brilliant (pun intended ).

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
                Have you got a bit more info on what you've done as this is something I've been concidering. Although the lights are quite good they are not brilliant (pun intended ).

Please shed some light on this subject for me too as I find the standard ones a bit dim around the lanes!! It would be brilliant if you could.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

ello chaps .. sorry for delay in return post but i been in the sun on hols....

right ok the hid kit to fit a surf is and are you ready for this.....

from demon tweaks 315.00 per side

mc rallying 600.00 full kit

from me... to the surf chaps .... 299.00

yes 299.00 and its so simply fitted its a joke..

all you do is remove the h4 bulb, replace with new hid bulb, plug new loom into old h4 plug, attach new gas discharge choke to inner wind, give it a posative from battery that is within 2 inches and job done....

the light is 3 times brighter and still holds a perfect beam pattern...

you wont be dissapointed,, any local peeps to me in essex are welcome to come see em in action on mine...

russ

Comment

from me... to the surf chaps .... 299.00

Strike a !!!!ing light! I'm in the wrong business. Artificial daylight (robbery). I'll stick with the lamps I've got...........anybody got a spare mantle?

PS. Has Nigel sent you an invoice yet for all your advertising?
                    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 16 September 2004, 23:47.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Now let me see only £600 smackarons ????
                      That will get me a 2.4 Surf, 1990 now all i got to do is get a cheap for her from Japan ????

WAIT A MINUTE HOW MUCH DID YOU SAY
                      £ 600 - 00 for two light bulbs, God & i thought £12-00 from Halfrouds was a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Has anyone tried the HID bulbs off e-bay that are about £10 and claim to give the same effect.

Pete

Comment

£299
                          for a set of light bulbs chuff me i know us northern lads like to look after their pennies but that is just reedikularseeeeeeeeeeee.
                          10 times better id want the things to drive for me and fill the car up a few times n'all, you my son have far too much money..........
                          no offence intended!!!!
                          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Russell maybe you could provide some more details? I'd be happy to pay £299 for a system with branded bulbs, a proper Hi-Lo system and a sensible color output (not more than 5000K)

We bought a Surf once that was previously owned by a Russell Reynolds from Essex. Is that you?

Comment

Surely, there is no way in the world £600 is a sensible amount of money to pay for frekking headlights.

We didn't pay that for the 4Runner itself! I'll stick with some £50 spot lights if its really dark.

Anyone coming towards me with 3 time normal brightness lights is gonna get a row of 6 KC Daylights coming back at them so I see where I am going!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X