First 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 4x4

Hi everyone, bought my first 4x4 today and already loving it. Its a 94 3.0TD auto gen 2 surf SSRX which, as far as i can tell is completely standard. Needed something for towing and for general use while my car is off the road and also fancied one.
    Gonna be changing all the fluids and flushing the cooling system shortly and giving it a dam good valet.
    Cheers Pete.
    Last edited by Moley; 5 March 2013, 17:50.

Hi Pete,
    welcome to the forum , read all the info and use the search button
    happy surfing.

Comment

Welcome Pete. Enjoy the forum.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thanks guys, gonna try and get round to servicing it this weekend and giving the cooling system a good flush. Getting a couple of new tyres as well as my spare is fooked and i got a puncture yesterday, my 2nd day of ownership! Hopefully nothing else for a while, supposed to be spending the money on getting my car finished...

Comment

Hi Moley! Welcome.

The only other Moley I know is on a wine making forum. You're not that one are you?

Comment

Hi n welcome enjoy ya Truck ...

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
              Hi Moley! Welcome.

The only other Moley I know is on a wine making forum. You're not that one are you?
              No im a cider bloke

Comment

Originally posted by Moley View Post
                No im a cider bloke

Yeah, me too.........
                Attached Files
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Thats quite impressive Not sure ive quite got to that stage on cider, maybe a fishbowl cocktail when i was younger in ayia napa!

Comment

Have to say im really enjoying my surf, it drained another £300 out of me in its first week but that was to be expected. Quite suprised how quick the old girl shifts and the fact it went off the speedo last night

Just got to spend next weekend giving it a good going over and service

Comment

Tanked her up tonight and had the amazing economy of 23.3mpg, about what i was expecting as i have been doing a bit of towing and short journeys...oh and finding out how fast it can go

Comment

Thats good mpg, be careful what you post on here regarding speed as its a forum that any outsiders can view.
                        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                          Thats good mpg, be careful what you post on here regarding speed as its a forum that any outsiders can view.
                          Really? I know it will improve especially on long journeys but again if its doesnt oh well, if i wanted economy i would of gone for something else. As with the top speed all ill say is i was rather impressed

Comment

Won't really improve much. But as you said you dont buy a surf for that reason.

P.s, you said it went off speedo.
                            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                              P.s, you said it went off speedo.
                              Wow! the speedo in my truck goes up to 140 mph

Comment

Working...
                              X