Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine paint??

I figured I'd put it in general...

As I may have previously hinted at a bit, I'm VVTI 1UZing my 3rd Gen. (I kept it so quiet, I'm subtle like that)

All my previous engine builts I've tried to keep the "stock" look, either brightened up the alloy with a wire brush drill attachemnt, or gone and full on polished it (I'll NEVER do that again!).

For the Hilexurf (or what ever I'm allowed to call it) I'm thinking of going painted for some bits...

Anyone got any reccomendations? (Vince?)

I'm after a slightly matt "rough" look (um, like stingray skin which is probably the worst example ever as not many people keep wierd tropical fish), like a stock S2000 engine, that will be though and last/clean up well (I have a horrible disorder where I am a shiney person, that occasionally likes to dunk it in mud)

I don't really want to go with powdercoating as it'll take too long! (unless someone can reccomend somewheregood, in the readingish area)

Cheers

Charlie.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

I would say to use rattle cans of VHT. Can get various colours.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

If you want the matt/satin look, then Barbecue paint will work, I use it on exhausts and Lexurf VI's inlet plenum..
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....&postcount=108

Comment

I used this on my exhaust. Cures with heat apparently..

Comment

Cheers Folks, great input!

I saw the VHT, I wasn't sure on the finish.

Vince that finish is ecatly what I'm after (but in fire engine red) I also love the "redneck factor" of using BBQ paint.. (but love the classy little visual impact factors that most people will miss like the nice done head nuts on the Thermostat housing and ICV).

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into this. I'm no Vince, but I'll keep everyone updated with a build thread.

Do we know of any other UK VVTi 3rd Gens?

I start tomorrow! Wish me luck folks!
          I'll need it! I've done lots of engine swaps, but they were all engines that "belonged there"
          Last edited by Karma Supra; 2 March 2013, 00:20.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

I cleaned my engine up while it was out, used some VHT black paint, its not a nice matt OEM finish. It stuck really well and dried in 10 minutes.

I was going to paint it some vibrant colours but decided the factory look would be better in my case. Will have some pictures up tomorrow if I can get her started which is the plan.

Comment

Hammerite smooth red has lasted on mine, although i do like the BBQ look,
              Attached Files
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thats quite a set up you have there

Comment

Working...
                X