Ebay seller phone call.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay seller phone call.

Just had a strange phone call from a seller that I left negative feed back to. It was an item that didnt fit and was not as described. He started to get a bit shirty saying I should have rang to discuss and not leave that sort of feedback !! Maybe I should ? He is sending the what he thinks is the correct one, so lets see what happens. I just found it strange a seller ringing me..

question is where did he get your number

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
      question is where did he get your number
      off of eBay, a few sellers now require a contact number allegedly for the courier and you can not complete a transaction until you supply one with your address
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Not to sure about that one, I thought in may be On paying details, Paypal or Ebay... Any more hassle I may have to sort that one out.

Comment

I always try and forget feedback until everyone is happy. I've worked hard for my little "74" and a blue star.
          I bought a TV cabinet recently, it arrived smashed to square pieces of little glass. They then sent another one, which arrived slightly damaged. They agreed to either send a replacement part or give me a part credit. Part credit done, both parties happy. The damaged part is hidden away anyway
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

What did they say when you contacted them to let them know there was an issue?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              What did they say when you contacted them to let them know there was an issue?
              Iam still waiting for a reply, I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                Iam still waiting for a reply, I will let you know.
                Ah, sorry. You told them there was an issue, they didn't reply; then you left them negative feedback and they called?

That wasn't clear in your first post, I thought you'd left negative feedback without giving them a chance to remedy the situation.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Ah, sorry. You told them there was an issue, they didn't reply; then you left them negative feedback and they called?

That wasn't clear in your first post, I thought you'd left negative feedback without giving them a chance to remedy the situation.
                  Sorry bout that working to many hours, head fuzzled at bit.

Yes the item was a steering wheel cover, and a loose fit. I originally messaged the seller back to ask as they advised to warm on a radiator before fitting, do I expect it to shrink to a tighter fit ? etc, so they knew there was a prob. There answer when they eventually replied was, no basicly it doesnt, and didnt offer a refund at that stage.

I have now had a reply from Ebay, this is it....

In order to promote transparency on the site, we will if asked, disclose your contact info to a trading partner, many members find that speaking to there trading partner gives them the extra confidence when sending payement or posting an item, direct contact can aslo help avoid misunderstandings.

For this reason if a member submits your user id and an item number which proves they are transacting with you, we'll provide them with your contact details.

When a request of this type is made we send contact information to both members, meaning the requester information is also sent to you, and your information sent to them.
                  Rest assured that we do not give out your postal address, and that the information is intended soley to be used in accordance with Ebays privacy policy.

My first thoughts on this is what a load of Bo**ox. Nothing to do with the fact that this particular seller has made hundreds of thousands of tranactions with Ebay, and surely can submit anyones user id, and item number ?

Also saying rest assured they do not give out my postal address, the seller already has it !!

Also Ebay did NOT give me the sellers contact details at all.

Sorry for going on a bit, but something to bear in mind..

Comment

Nope. That's all true. I do it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X