Front Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bumper

Has anyone fitted a new front bumper from RT ? If so, what are they like quality wise, they seem to be at a reasonable price. Also what are the tricks to remove the old one ? Thanks....

I bought the cheaper one from rt last year. Tony N kindly fitted it and he painted the inside of it with something before fitting it. That was in November, almost march and it has rusty bits spotting all over it. (Maybe i should clean it more often)

Comment

Thanks for that, does not sound good, even without cleaning you would expect better than that ! RT do more or less say it will rust. May have to rethink, not going Genuine it would double my Trucks value....

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Has anyone fitted a new front bumper from RT ? If so, what are they like quality wise, they seem to be at a reasonable price. Also what are the tricks to remove the old one ? Thanks....

I've had a couple of trucks here with R/T replacement bumpers and they do spot with surface rust, but only if left wet for a few days. A rub over with Autosol brings them back up to shiny new condition though.

The finish is more like nickel plated rather than chrome IMO.

To remove the bumper:
        Twist out the indicator bulb holders, or unplug the connectors.
        Remove the two bolts (14mm socket) on each chassis rail end.
        Two nuts (12mm socket?) where the bumper ends meet the wheelarch.
        The studs break off 99% of the time, so soak them in WD40 the day before. Replacement brackets are available from R/T too.
        http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=138&vid=1370

Comment

Working...
        X