general info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general info

i am thinking of purchasing a surf and want to know how many miles to the gallon it does can anyone help me?

What size shoes do you take as this can make an impact on fuel economy.
    20 - 25 mpg average maybe more or less depends on speeds etc
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

mpg

i was the same - interested and worried about mpg. loads of factors - e.g. serivceing, driving conditions, heavy foot.....and more........ thing is. do you like surf's - have you found yourself been drawn to it...... like the rest of us... mpg is relevant to the type of vehicle - its purpose etc... bear that in mind.... there is loads on ppl asking about mpg / fuel consumption on here.

most say 20 to 25mpg . i feel im getting closer to 27 to 30mpg...but then i potter around.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm getting 26-28/gall, but then I do mostly motorway. I reckon I go down to 16-18/Gall when towing the caravan. But then my rev counter reads just 2,500RPM at 70MPH(lets stir that one up again LOL!).
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Just done the check on mine and got 15mpg. Ouch!!!

Comment

I've not done a proper check yet, but a rough estimate is that I get around 20mpg. That's over a range of town, motorway, countryside, and 4x4 driving. I do have quite large and heavy feet though.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
              I've not done a proper check yet, but a rough estimate is that I get around 20mpg. That's over a range of town, motorway, countryside, and 4x4 driving. I do have quite large and heavy feet though.

Is that a manual or auto.

Comment

Originally posted by sim
                Is that a manual or auto.
                Auto.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

Must get mine looked at. Need a b****y bank loan every time I go anywhere.

Comment

Go & see STEVO in stockport
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Have'nt worked out what I get but its quiet reasonable. I drive regulary from Bournemouth to Bicester which is 120 miles odd and it costs £30 in the surf for a round trip, I don't now what that works out in MPG but its ok with me. This is toeing it at up to speeds of 85 MPH lol thats downhill BTW

In my last car it cost about £20 there and back and that was a 2.4 rover 623 si doing about hmmm 70 - 100 MPH ( not really officer )

So I can live with the surf until it does or does'nt go bang I just wanna know what this occasional big cloud of smoke is when I sit still idleing ? hope the turbo's not wearing out. Its not all the time just like twice in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        Go & see STEVO in stockport
                        I intend to, as soon as I get paid. How was Rochdale, couldnt make it in the end something came up at the last minute. Will the guys be doing it again sometime.

Comment

Working...
                        X