Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre weights

hi

The tyre forum is looking a little unloved, so thought I'd post here.

Does anyone know a decent online resource that lists approximate tyre weights for different AT or MT models and manufacturers all in on place? Even if it's comparing a single size for non-toyota fitment, it would probably be generally applicable to all sizes in the range. Whilst a little oversize is good, I want to keep the performance hit to minimum and know from previous experience how much the weights can vary, especially with reinforced tyres and the like.

thanks,

Dom
    RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Originally posted by boma23 View Post
    hi

The tyre forum is looking a little unloved, so thought I'd post here.

Does anyone know a decent online resource that lists approximate tyre weights for different AT or MT models and manufacturers all in on place? Even if it's comparing a single size for non-toyota fitment, it would probably be generally applicable to all sizes in the range. Whilst a little oversize is good, I want to keep the performance hit to minimum and know from previous experience how much the weights can vary, especially with reinforced tyres and the like.

thanks,

Dom
    All the more reason to have posted this in the "Tyres" section, then. Seriously, though. When someone runs a big heavy, uneconomical 4x4, the last thing they tend to concern themselves with is the weight of their tyres. Handling characteristics, wear rate, and road noise are usually more important factors.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
    X