new to the 4x4 life .... soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the 4x4 life .... soon

Hi all! Just new to the 4x4 scene and new to the forum I'm planing on buying a Toyota hilux surf as a family runner don't really go much places..I don't really know much about these cars all I know is that they are very good cars and was planning on buying a 93-94 hilux 3.0TD any advise you can give me in buying one?

Raga,how do and welcome.Can only say to you....give it a good drive,check everything works,check condition of fan belts,does it have a service history,run it up to operating temp and make sure it does not overheat,check all fluid levels and condition of fluids.Make sure all switches work,Check for unusual clunks,bangs,rattles from the suspension,if auto check it changes up and down smoothly and if you dont know about 4x4's take a mate with you that does,if you are not happy about everything,haggle over the price or walk away as there will be a better one round the corner.I have had mine for 6 years now and apart from the normal service items the only real fault that cropped up was the rear window motor failed a while back.Use the search function on here for more good info but mostly...........Enjoy your stay!!!!

Comment

Hi n Welcome bud to the Madhouse enjoy ya stay n ya Truck.
      Plenty of handy hints n tips n no shortage of reading material, start here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=34
      Good Luck

11+ Years of Surfs..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hello Raga. Welcome to the forum. Use the search facility, and you'll find tons of information about these trucks.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by HONEST AL View Post
          Raga,how do and welcome.Can only say to you....give it a good drive,check everything works,check condition of fan belts,does it have a service history,run it up to operating temp and make sure it does not overheat,check all fluid levels and condition of fluids.Make sure all switches work,Check for unusual clunks,bangs,rattles from the suspension,if auto check it changes up and down smoothly and if you dont know about 4x4's take a mate with you that does,if you are not happy about everything,haggle over the price or walk away as there will be a better one round the corner.I have had mine for 6 years now and apart from the normal service items the only real fault that cropped up was the rear window motor failed a while back.Use the search function on here for more good info but mostly...........Enjoy your stay!!!!
          Welcome!
          As he says, these are now fairly old vehicles and they love their services, a solid full service history (since imported into the UK) with plenty bills will ensure happy ownership.

Last edited by tashtego; 16 February 2013, 18:31.

Comment

Working...
          X