No announcement yet.

Insurance Dilema... not the usual Q...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Dilema... not the usual Q...

Looking at Insurance for the new pick up. Now because it is commercial vehicle as apposed to the surf's car like status, I'm told we cannot use it for buisness use at 2 different addresses - ie me and the mrs having it insured as "business use"
    Here's the Q
    Mrs W has ended up with 2 NCB policies of about 9 and 10 years min. with me as a named driver on them. We both use both vehicles. AF lux can't insure it under her name as a commercial vehicle for myself to use as we will be working at two different addresses.
    So does anyone know of an insurance company that can apply my "named driver" claim free for over ten years status to a discounted policy.
    Failing that it looks like for a commercial vehicle, I'll need to start again.
    That is not good news.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Hi John,
    Direct Line will transfer your partners NCB to your name, including full business insurance £5k of tool cover and a free MOT voucher for less money than the Surf.
    Call 'em!
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Cheers Wolfracer, that's excellent news.
      This forum ROCKS! :
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Comment

NFU are supposed to be good for commercial vehicle insurance.

Comment

The forum is good, sometimes you get an answer before you have asked the question.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I add business use to my normal car policy to comply with claiming expenses when I travel for meetings. The upgrade from ''social domestic and travel to and from a single place of work'' to business use, is often free

Might be worth a look.

Should have read full thread, however, I will leave this as it may help someone that attempts the search button later in the year.
              Last edited by yoshie; 6 February 2013, 19:08.
              Brian

Comment

Someone using the search button...I've always admired your optimism Brian.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

a free mot voucher. sounds good....

Comment

Working...
                  X