Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product test

Evenin'
    I've just been looking at the sept. issue of 4x4 magazine's practical section, a product test of a de-coke in a can called Power boost.It's backed up by rolling road printout. Any of you guys tried it? Any results?

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Evenin'
    I've just been looking at the sept. issue of 4x4 magazine's practical section, a product test of a de-coke in a can called Power boost.It's backed up by rolling road printout. Any of you guys tried it? Any results?
    Can't speak from personal experience, but...

A mate of mine recently purchased a '94 Volvo 940 2.3T. He is quite meticulous in maintaining his vehicles and recording his fuel economy etc etc. After a month or two's ownership he used a very similar product called 10K Boost (another de-coke product). He has experienced a significant increase in fuel economy from 24 to 26 mpg which he feels is directly attributable to the application of this product, general smoothness and response of the engine are also improved. This car has covered 145,000 miles. His experience with this product is tempting me to use it myself. I notice that Power Boost appears to come in just one version, whilst the 10K boost used by my mate apparently came in two flavours, one each for petrol & Diesel.

Review of 10K boost at http://www.difflock.com/buyersguide/...st/index.shtml
    Reviews of Power Boost at http://www.ecotekplc.com/pb_reviews.htm
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Evenin'
      I use 'Comma Diesel Magic' injector cleaner/power boost. I put one bottle in befor filling the tank about every 5 thou miles. (Averaging 2.5 thou per month) There is a definate diferance to the smoothness and power responce.
      Used it in the wife's dizzy and she was shocked at the power change, by about half a tank of diesel it was pulling up hill far better than befor. It even reduced some of the infernal racket issuing forth from the engine bay.
      I dont keep records of what mpg befor or after but I carry on useing it as I can tell when its there.

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Working...
      X