X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facelift 3rd gen...
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ight=navigator

Comment

I Really like the look of the newer ones so would consider buying one if at a reasonable price, How much did you sell yours for?

Thats a nice one mate, you must be proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Just buy the facelift parts for yours i.e. bumper, valance, indicators, headlights, grille and sidelights.
        That's pretty much what I'll probably do.. but most of the bits are pretty few and far in between and people want daft money for them!

I like the later premium dash, and prefer the later interior bits and digital climate control, not sure how easily transferable that is.

I'm thinking of using the Lexus dash now anyway, or a Tundra/Sequioa one from the states, they fit! (Sequia temp gauge is fiddly)

I have finally got a bonnet "with a slot in" too
        Last edited by Karma Supra; 3 February 2013, 18:44.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          That's pretty much what I'll probably do.. but most of the bits are pretty few and far in between and people want daft money for them!

I like the later premium dash, and prefer the later interior bits and digital climate control, not sure how easily transferable that is.

I'm thinking of using the Lexus dash now anyway, or a Tundra/Sequioa one from the states, they fit! (Sequia temp gauge is fiddly)

I have finally got a bonnet "with a slot in" too

You gonna shag your bonnet?

My dash clocks are similar to the ones in the top photo, 'cept mine don't have the yellow print and they have a carbon fibre effect finish.

p.s. Don't forget the revised centre consol/cupholders in the facelift model.

Comment

You gonna shag your bonnet?

My dash clocks are similar to the ones in the top photo, 'cept mine don't have the yellow print and they have a carbon fibre effect finish.

Black tape over the k ... I guess you have an inline box to do the conversion of k's to m's?
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
              Black tape over the k ... I guess you have an inline box to do the conversion of k's to m's?
              I guess so.
              I never fitted it though and the speedo reading more or less matches the satnav. The 18" alloys and 255/55 tyres throws the reading out a bit aswell I suppose.

Comment

It must work well enough, if you've got an MOT.

Comment

Nope, or the all important rear headrest clippy bits for when the seats are folded down!

The red needles look much better, but I also like the battery and oil temp gauges on the Tundra dash. I actually perfer the pre facelift centre console, but prefer the facelift "symetrical" vents centre dash bit.

I'm just picky!

I've also thought about getting some US facelift headlights (much cheaper) and doing a retrofit HID projector setup. I just drove the M3 for the first time since about september.. I forgot how much vastly superior the headlights are!

oh, and speedo accuracy isn't part of the MOT test
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    Nope, or the all important rear headrest clippy bits for when the seats are folded down!

The red needles look much better, but I also like the battery and oil temp gauges on the Tundra dash. I actually perfer the pre facelift centre console, but prefer the facelift "symetrical" vents centre dash bit.

I'm just picky!

I've also thought about getting some US facelift headlights (much cheaper) and doing a retrofit HID projector setup. I just drove the M3 for the first time since about september.. I forgot how much vastly superior the headlights are!

oh, and speedo accuracy isn't part of the MOT test
                    Will " Mercan" headlights work on our side of the road
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at the ebay "Clear" headlights that are offered for the US 4Runner. I did ask the supplier if they can be used in the UK, but the supplier was Chinese (surprise) and wasn't able to give an answer.

You need the clear lens to make any use of the HID bulb. Mine are 1996 vintage with all the moulded jam-jar bits and a big bullseye crack in one of them.

Comment

Holy thread revival Batman!!!

You can buy Depo "Crystal" headlights in right hand drive format.. I have them fitted to my truck.. combined with decent bulbs the vision at night is hugely improved.

I ordered mine from japan using the services of Noppin shop.. (a translated version of the Japanese yahoo auctions)

http://www.noppin.com/

I also added LED tails from US Ebay, and a genuine facelift grill from Roughtrax..
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Good find!

Can you tell me the seller? Or did you bid on them?

Cheers
                          Jim

Comment

I bid on them....

loads on there thought.. just search is fiddly as its all via google translate.

you can also pretty much double the price of anting you buy to get it here...

but that's the price you pay for wierdy jap parts.
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                            X