Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas?

A friend of mine who goes shooting sent me a picture of the vehicle they use, any ideas as to what it is?

All I can tell you is that it is petrol engined 4x4 and had a gun mount in the back, no obvious makers name plate and apparently it is Russian and Cold War Era.
    Attached Files
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

which way round is it?

It looks like an Allegro

Comment

Looks like a pile of junk

Sorry I am no help.

Comment

Is it one of them Steyr Halfinger jobs?
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

My first thought was "Them's big A pillars"!

Only the mudguard gave me a clue as to it's orientation...

It looks like an early prototype LM02!
          Last edited by Wolfracer; 29 January 2013, 22:41.
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Is that the Jack Wolfskin model I hear so much about?

Comment

Mr. Chillit is right I think, there are a copies of the Steyr Puch thingamy jab.
              or Pinzgauer. I think there is a Fiat version as well.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Seriously, the front is on the right? If it's Russian, I suppose they could have put the doors at the back....

Comment

More importantly, how exciting. Something to try and work out.

What makes you think it's Russian? That seems unlikely. Are there any words written on it at all, like a VIN plate or some instructions in 'foreign'?

I think the doors are wrong for a Haflinger (if those are the doors....). I think Haflinger doors are straight across at the bottom; those dip down like a Pinzgauer.

Comment

Stop the clock! What's the prize?

So, it's not Russian, it's a Volvo

To be precise, it's a Volvo c303 Tgb 1111. It should have a recoil-less anti-tank rifle. Presumably for shooting bunnies.
                    Last edited by Sancho; 30 January 2013, 00:15.

Comment

Ahh thought that was a Jagdwagen.. But its t'other way round...?

Comment

Volvo C330 ragtop.
                        Bolix. Close but no cigar... teach me for getting distracted whilst searching...
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          Stop the clock! What's the prize?

So, it's not Russian, it's a Volvo

To be precise, it's a Volvo c303 Tgb 1111. It should have a recoil-less anti-tank rifle. Presumably for shooting bunnies.
                          Sorry no prize

I think my friend will be quite surprised when I tell him it's a Volvo!!

Yes it did have a gun mount in the rear and had a 40mm cannon? but I am pretty sure they don't shoot bunnies with it.

I was thinking along the lines of it being a Gaz, especially with the false info on it being Russian, but I had the vehicle pointing the wrong way round, bonnet to the left!
                          I will however let my friend know that next time he needs a vehicle identifying he might be better off taking the picture with a camera and not a potato.
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Looks to me as its the Game carrier, and looks fine for the job to whatever it is ...

Comment

[QUOTE=Sancho;787916]Stop the clock! What's the prize?

So, it's not Russian, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_C303"

To be precise, it's a Volvo c303 Tgb 1111. It should have a recoil-less anti-tank rifle. Presumably for shooting bunnies.[/QUOTE]

Well done Sanch!.... Obviously you must have access to someone who speaks "foreign"....
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X