Pics of My Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of My Surf

Thought Id post a couple of pics of my Surf, dead at the minute and waiting for a new engine, although sadly the new engine will be nothing interesting as yet, finances make it a direct replacement, the same as it was previously, so that'll be another 2.4 for now, ho hum.................
    Attached Files

That looks suspiciously like something American under that tarp.

Comment

Well spotted, must have been the wolfrace wheel that gave it away, lol

It's a 1968 Dodge Charger

Comment

Well get some photos of it on here then and stop dickin' about with that dead Surf!

Seriously though, what are they like to live with?
        One day I'll have one or a '69 GTO.

p.s. It was the roofline that I spotted first.

Comment

Nearest I've got to that is a GTO engine sitting in the garage for the last 15 years waiting for a home. I'm hoping to sort this before I get too old to enjoy it!
          Also got a couple of Ford 351 Cobra jet lumps and C6 boxes, too many engines, not enough time/money for the imagined projects!
          Last edited by Tankerman; 28 January 2013, 01:33.

Comment

As long as you can cope with single figure miles to the gallon as an average, it aint no different to any other old car. I find left hand drive more comfortable than right hand, free road tax helps and cheap insurance £154 a year fully comp for me and wife with limited mileage. Easy to get parts for thanks to ebay, owners forums etc. Very easy to work on (no computers, lol). Not brilliant on corners unless you spend some cash on improvements and awful brakes, mine has manual drum brakes all round and a little over 300 BHP. other than that I love it, sounds great and looks great. heres a pic
            Attached Files

Comment

Gorgeous!

I could easily with with the MPG, I struggle to do 2500 miles every year.

Comment

go for it then, lol. you can add another zero to your annual mileage and come close to mine, I usually have a selection of cars to do it in though

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
                  As long as you can cope with single figure miles to the gallon as an average, it aint no different to any other old car. I find left hand drive more comfortable than right hand, free road tax helps and cheap insurance £154 a year fully comp for me and wife with limited mileage. Easy to get parts for thanks to ebay, owners forums etc. Very easy to work on (no computers, lol). Not brilliant on corners unless you spend some cash on improvements and awful brakes, mine has manual drum brakes all round and a little over 300 BHP. other than that I love it, sounds great and looks great. heres a pic
                  That's awesome, my favourite year too.

Glad it isn't orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                    That's awesome, my favourite year too.

Glad it isn't orange.
                    It was going to be, but my mate got there before me (also in the pic), so mine stayed the way it is for now

Comment

It was going to be, but my mate got there before me (also in the pic), so mine stayed the way it is for now
                      Don't you dare either.

Comment

I wanted a 1969, floorshift, non vinyl roof, 440ci or 426 Hemi. Ended up with a 1968, column shift with vinyl, 383ci. So, to do it properly I'd need to change the front grille, rear light panel and take the vinyl roof off. The column shift don't matter as some of the cars they used were column shift anyway, The vinyl roof on it is the original one from 1968 and is in great condition so it;s staying on, just trying to find a suitable colour to do after a few bits of minor work that need doing, instead of the Jaguar nightfire red that it is at the moment

Comment

go for it then, lol.
                          I've just paid off one mortgage, I don't want to take out another.

Cheapest Chargers I've found are over 40k!

Comment

Sweet just Sweet
                            Thanks for sharing .....

11+ Years of Surfs..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              I've just paid off one mortgage, I don't want to take out another.

Cheapest Chargers I've found are over 40k!
                              OOH, you looking in the wrong place, depending on how much work you want to do before it's on the road, they start at approx 8K, if you want one you can drive while working on they start at about 10K, don't be tempted by anything over 25K these days. There is always, always something cheaper available. the ones over 40K are all going to be Hemi's or 440's (7 litre) with a Dana rear axle, fitted with an LSD, manual gearbox and numbers matching with rare options.

Comment

Working...
                              X