• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Vauxhalls looked good....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Vauxh...50957002291%26

Nice find there Vince
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

back when they looked good, a couple of old Vauxhall's i had, the PA (1960) was my first car, traded in my Triumph T110 for it, wouldn't mind another one, pity they were such rust buckets
      Attached Files
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Expensive project Ian?
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-P...70977266431%26

Comment

mmmm, that Victor is lovely - though would look better back on period wheels with shiny hubcaps. A neighbour of ours had one when I was a kid.

My dad had a small succession of Mk3 Cortinas at the time, culminating in a 2.0GT in red with the Starsky & Hutch stripe as was the current vogue
          Last edited by Apache; 25 January 2013, 11:51.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

We used to ride about in an old Wyvern when I was young, I would love one now.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I'd love that project Vince, if only i had the cash and the storage, those old Wyvern's were all over the breakers yards, i had some bits off a couple to add on my Velox, great old cars
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Does anyone follow andy frost and the worlds quickest street car?
                http://www.redvictor1racing.co.uk/
                A 1972 vauxhall victor with around 3000bhp, this machine can accelerate from 0-220mph in just 6.5 secs!
                Now this is truly a good looking vauxhall

Comment

That guy has got some great cars for sale mid engine 106
                  Nova, a droop snoot
                  I want them all

Comment

Fantastic, Vince. I always knew that you had good taste! When I was 18/20 I had a couple of FD's. The first one was a 1.6 estate. The second, a 2.0 saloon. Both bought at Chorley auctions. £65.00 and £160.00, respectively. I always wanted the Ventora, a 3.3 litre UK muscle car, but sadly never got one. I'd love one of those, even now. I Know that they happily take a small block Chevy, but has anyone built a "Lextor" ? There are a couple of pics of a GM styling exercise, of a two door pilarless coupe. Combined with an SBC, or even the straight six, it would have been a beautiful machine.
                    Attached Files
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
                      Does anyone follow andy frost and the worlds quickest street car?
                      http://www.redvictor1racing.co.uk/
                      A 1972 vauxhall victor with around 3000bhp, this machine can accelerate from 0-220mph in just 6.5 secs!
                      Now this is truly a good looking vauxhall
                      And it's fully street legal, an amazing car and an all round nice guy too

Comment

When I was 18 I helped a schoolfriend put a 2.2 lancia engine(IIRC) in his vauxhall chevette. It was road legal and great fun at the lights burning other boy racers. He ended up racing it at Knockhill. A bit newer than the cars here but still fun. I had an opel manta 1.8s Coupe at the time and still find myself looking at them on ebay when they come up which is a dangerous thing to do when chilling with a nice red!

Comment

Just dug this pic out. Don't know if it 's a prototype. or a home built, but if you like convertibles, it's not too bad.
                          Attached Files
                          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Those wing mirrors are shocking.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                              Just dug this pic out. Don't know if it 's a prototype. or a home built, but if you like convertibles, it's not too bad.

Love it Mick.

Lots of nice Vauxhalls here......

http://www.droopsnoot.co.uk/cars.htm
                              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 January 2013, 14:14.

Comment

Working...
                              X