Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sunny Scotland!

Hello

New to forum, wanted to say hello, and ask a few questions.

Just bought a 1994 3.0Td, really good condition.

Just wanted to know what changes are made to these when imported,

My tray under radio is missing and so is radio, can I just get a double din?

The speedo gauge is in MPH but the mileage, I am told is in Kilometres, looks like the speedo head sticker has been changed, is that normal?
    Mileage check is genuine, all MOTs from import prove that, and import certificate.

And finally, I bought it bit cheaper because the Alternator is kerknackered, is that a common fault?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Ta!
    One out all out brothers!

Jon,how do.I think your post must have been overlooked in the post Christmas haze.
    Hello and welcome.With reference to your truck,I am no expert as any number on here will testify but as far as I know they were imported as is.The speedo dial can be purchased for around £17 so that is probably what the first owner/importer did.The speedo can be changed to mph but you need to buy some gizmo off the web and I am told they arent too accurate,just divide the kph by 1.609 and that should give you the miles.As with any older vehicle parts wear out and the alternator is no exception,you can buy a refurb kit from either Milnerws or Roughtrax,not sure of the cost.You can get a tray off one of the lads on here selling stuff,always a good place for bits and pieces,but then you would need to buy a cd player.If you want one of the original Clarion double din units,disc,tape and radio I have the original that I removed from mine when I bought it 6 years ago.Its in very good condition and works perfectly,although there is no manual with it,and I must be truthful it does look a bit like a Wurlitzer organ when its lit up.If you want it you can have it free of charge,you pay the postage.Plenty of help on here just use the search button and enjoy your stay,let me know about the radio,Alan

Comment

Hello Jon. Al has just about said it all. Welcome.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
        Hello Jon. Al needs to pause for breath. Welcome.
        Hello & welcome.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Evening

Comment

Working...
          X