yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally used the Surf in 4WD anger tonight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
    I reckon in cases of snow/ice on the road, your mud and snow tyres will be fine. However, I think if you want ultimate grip in different conditions, you'd need to change to specific tyres to suit each condition. I don't think a "Does it All" tyre exists, not without compromise, at least. A/T tyres will give better grip in snow and mud but won't be as good on the road as a road tyre. At least this is what I've learned with mountain biking. But those General Grabber UHPs seem to cope fine with the snow. But the snow I'm talking about it sitting on a hard surface.
    Sorry, have to disagree. The BFG A/T will cope with almost anything unless you go to the extreme, and they have great road manners too - no noise and great wear rate. I have owned a Surf for nine years now, (daily driver), and never used anything else They are not the cheapest, but in the long run very good value for money.

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

My new GG AT's have served well the last few days, very well. Run from Lumsden to Banchory yesterday morning was pretty grim but the tyres were better than I hoped they would be in a mix of snow, slush & packed stuff. One of the few times I have had the truck in 4wd for safety rather than just so I didn't have to concentrate so hard.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
        Sorry, have to disagree.
        So, even on a dry, flat tarmac road, your BFG A/T tyres will out-perform road specific tyres? Wow, best fit them to all cars everywhere then!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
          Sorry, have to disagree. The BFG A/T will cope with almost anything unless you go to the extreme,

Cheers, Nick
          Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
          So, even on a dry, flat tarmac road, your BFG A/T tyres will out-perform road specific tyres? Wow, best fit them to all cars everywhere then!

Did you miss that bit?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Did you miss that bit?
            My post definitely gives that impression. Sorry, I was just being sarcastic. Hope no-one's offended.

It sounds like Nick V's tyres certainly are as close as you'll get to perfect all-rounders, and it seems that we both agree that if you go to extremes (on BFG A/Ts or another tyre used as an all-rounder) a tyre suited to the specific condition would be better.
            Last edited by TeaMonsta; 23 January 2013, 22:24.

Comment

Nick V is spot on with the BFG AT.
              Last edited by red barron; 24 January 2013, 18:38.

Comment

Working...
              X