Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving.....Anyone in 7 Oaks area?

Hi folks,
    Managed to get shut of this job here and moving in the spring to some warmer climes.....well Kent..... Anyone around from 7 Oaks as i'm not very familiar with the area and was wondering what its like?

Cheers

Rob
    Last edited by wiggy; 21 January 2013, 13:11.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Crap.

Nah, cant remember much about the place. Only used to go to Fort Halstead, never saw much else.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

After the storm of '97, it's known as 5 oaks now!

Comment

Good news on the move Rob,what does Holli think,bet she is glad aswell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          After the storm of '97, it's known as 5 oaks now!
          Don't be silly 5 oaks is between Horsham and Billingshurst
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thanks guys....Andy yea thats where im going and it sounds quite interesting & Rich yup very chuffed, just got to get through today to find out if i get laid off or not

Comment

sevenoaks is considered to be alot nice than the surrounding areas (where i live) you pay a premium for houses etc just for the area, lots of open land and clean air as its far enough away from the city but not to far to be seculded.
              www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
                sevenoaks is considered to be alot nice than the surrounding areas (where i live) you pay a premium for houses etc just for the area, lots of open land and clean air as its far enough away from the city but not to far to be seculded.
                Thanks Alan, have been googling the hell out of it today Looks quite nice but as you said the housing price to rent is pretty steep! I know the cost of living is probably higher than up here in Edinburgh but is it 'alright' or is it pretty expensive?

Any places worth going to .... or i guess more importantly any to avoid?

Cheers,

Rob
                Last edited by wiggy; 22 January 2013, 14:08.

Comment

Depends what your looking for really, there is a huge variety in this area. Chelsfield is a lovely area with some really big houses etc. if you looking to rent stay away from St. Paul's/ st Mary's cray. There's some nice parts in Bromley but it really is a case of you get what you pay for. If you search for 5 mile radius of Sevenoaks then you will be quite safe.
                  www.apmautos.com

Comment

You're moving to work at The Fort? Seriously mate, check what's going on there as I still work with DSTL guys from there and they tell me that DSTL are planning on closing the place down. It's been on the cards for ages.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks Alan,
                      Still waiting to find out allowances for accommodation and so forth but cheers for the info, shall bear it in mind. I had looked about on here for some threads on green laning but they are all pretty old but up for a spin out once we get settled.

Rob

Comment

Sevenoaks is great..you are surrounded by lovely countryside and close to the coast..lots to see and do... Gloria honeyford lives there you know...

I have lived close to there and know the whole area well.

Quite a wealthy part of the uk...I guess I will be shot down over this, but I would live there very happily.. Instead I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in Berkshire. Still it's what we do for jobs in these times.
                        .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          You're moving to work at The Fort? Seriously mate, check what's going on there as I still work with DSTL guys from there and they tell me that DSTL are planning on closing the place down. It's been on the cards for ages.
                          Yea, its one of the links that came up when i first looked it up. Waiting to hear the full story though. You have PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                            Sevenoaks is great..you are surrounded by lovely countryside and close to the coast..lots to see and do... Gloria honeyford lives there you know...

I have lived close to there and know the whole area well.

Quite a wealthy part of the uk...I guess I will be shot down over this, but I would live there very happily.. Instead I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in Berkshire. Still it's what we do for jobs in these times.
                            Starting to get a good feelin about this area from what you guys have said and what comes up for it! & know what you mean i moved back from a really nice job abroad and have been stuck up on what feels like a horrible area up in Edinburgh since! Looking forward to a change

Comment

It's sunny down south in the garden of England...
                              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X