Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet

Does anyone have a Chinese Android tablet?
    Are they any good?
    Specifically is anyone using any one of these on this page
    http://www.comtradeshop.com/tablet_pc

I need to buy a couple for my two youngest, I've tried talking them into a laptop with no success.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Both the Samsung Tab 2 and Note are very good, does 90% of what the Ipad can do and it's a bonus not actually being tied to apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
      Both the Samsung Tab 2 and Note are very good, does 90% of what the Ipad can do and it's a bonus not actually being tied to apple.
      Ouch! they are over 300 quid each

Are the Chinese ones not worth looking at?

Comment

A mate of mine has a cheapy andriod tablet, he loves it.

Nexus 7 looks good too
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          A mate of mine has a cheapy andriod tablet, he loves it.

Nexus 7 looks good too
          I was thinking of that one, It has Jelly Bean as well. (which i heard is good)

Comment

I got 2 off eBay for £46 each and one of them is already f****d and its a very common problem. It switches on then sticks on the android sign. You can master reset by holding the volume up button when switching on,but its unable to get to the reset menu so you need to install a new rom on it. The only problem is cos its a cheap tablet with no make you are unable to find the correct rom.

£300 is a bit steep the mini iPad is £260

Bottom line you get what you pay for......
            GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

We're looking at tablets at the moment - I was hoping to persuade the wife that we needed a Nexus 7 3G but she's decided we need something bigger so I'm waiting on the Nexus 10 3g to be released ...

Must admit that the only tablet that's got the screen format right is the Ipad Mini but it doesn't have a GPS and you're pretty much tied to Apple so it's a non runner

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

We're looking at tablets at the moment - I was hoping to persuade the wife that we needed a Nexus 7 3G but she's decided we need something bigger so I'm waiting on the Nexus 10 3g to be released ...

Must admit that the only tablet that's got the screen format right is the Ipad Mini but it doesn't have a GPS and you're pretty much tied to Apple so it's a non runner

I really can't see the point of them, they are nowhere near a laptop, more like a giant smartphone.
                But I don't spend my time on fece book or skype, so to me it's useless.
                I'm being hassled, so tomorrow I'll have to go and investigate them.
                They have ipad mini's here, but they are 480 quid!

Comment

Bought this for the missus for Xmas.....
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flytouch-Sup.../dp/B008U9LIFY
                  Plus the usb keyboard/case.

Comes with a GPS receiver that you place on your dash and the tablet can be used as a sat-nav as well!
                  Does practically everything the iPad does for a fraction of the price.

Under £120 delivered.

Comment

I've got a Kindle Fire HD and think it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Bought this for the missus for Xmas.....
                      Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                      I've got a Kindle Fire HD and think it's great.
                      Thanks, I had read that the Kindle was a good choice.

Do you use them more than you would a laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                        Ouch! they are over 300 quid each
                        Ahh my bad I meant the Samsung 7.0 tab 2 (Ipad mini equivalent) you can get for about £150 atm and are brilliant bit of kit.

Comment

I was thinking of that one, It has Jelly Bean as well. (which i heard is good)

I have an early iPad and the nexus 32gb. The nexus 16gb can be had for about 160 quid great value as Google are eating the production costs for now and selling at little or no profit to get market share. Had the nexus since Christmas and used it ever day excellent bit of kit.

First time I used a laptop in months was to watch Vince's RC thread vid as it wouldn't play on a tablet.
                          Last edited by yoshie; 21 January 2013, 00:37.
                          Brian

Comment

Thanks, I had read that the Kindle was a good choice.

Do you use them more than you would a laptop?
                            Yes, because it is small and light enough to hold whilst lying on the sofa. No tablet is.much good for typing anything long though. Personally, I.would say kindle.or nexus are the only choices.

Ps - written on my phone.

Comment

I have the samsung tab 2 7" and have to say its a great bit of kit. I only use the laptop in work now. Yoshie I got it to work on tab but you have to be patient at times. The nexus 7 and tab 2 are both great handy sized tabs I just find the tab 2 10" a bit big. And the fact you can put micro sd cards into the android tabs makes it a big bonus. I have a 32gb card and use the tab for doing any of the downloading I need as tab is always running which is handy if I was to download torrents or such.

Comment

Working...
                              X