Clear All

• The best R/C Hilux video ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_s7qA6Skzo

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Fantastic! So realistic.

This one's pretty entertaining, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEm4zND0aNM
      Last edited by MWS; 21 January 2013, 11:28.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Great model, obivously... but what makes this vid so good is that it is crawling at the right sort of speed to make it "look real".

Looks like it's sprung just right too!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          Great model, obivously... but what makes this vid so good is that it is crawling at the right sort of speed to make it "look real".

Looks like it's sprung just right too!

Exactly, the details on the truck such as the suspension, the broken spotlight, the side windows being at diferent heights and the slowed down playback of the video, makes this one of the best R/C videos I've seen.

Comment

gotta do that one day

at 56 years young, bad back injury and no longer working, but hell i wanna do some of that.
            gonna have to learn how to use 4 w d properly,
            maybe even chance using the ect button
            GOD I WISH I HAD THIS CHANCE 25 YEARS AGO
            always to busy living live for working.
            but I will get there, yep yep yep
            I AM NOT THE BEST BUT I AM IN THE TOP 1

Comment

One glaring omission which ruins the illusion of reality - it appears to have no driver.

Seems to be the way with scale model aircraft too. The builder spends years creating something close to perfection, then leaves the cockpit empty.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Can't be viewed on a a tablet or mobile, why would YouTube have this as an option?

Looks like I need to dig out the laptop.
                Brian

Comment

Great video, the guy has obviously a lot of time studying and building his model. It got me looking at other footage, check this slightly surreal clip.
                  1:04 and 3:10 mins are interesting and loving the sound track.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=4gN8ElTu_As
                  Last edited by dazandcaz; 20 January 2013, 18:55. Reason: forgot to include link. Doh
                  Non consternationes.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    One glaring omission which ruins the illusion of reality - it appears to have no driver.

Seems to be the way with scale model aircraft too. The builder spends years creating something close to perfection, then leaves the cockpit empty.

But then you run the risk of being labeled a Nerd instead of a Geek.

Comment

...and your point is?

Stunning model, just needs a pilot. You could use a properly jointed model driver, weight him and sit him on a spring so he moves properly in response to bumps. Then it would almost be indistinguishable from a real one! Could even put him in camo gear and give him a sunburnt neck for ultra-realism

Nerd me up Scotty!
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        ...and your point is?

Stunning model, just needs a pilot. You could use a properly jointed model driver, weight him and sit him on a spring so he moves properly in response to bumps. Then it would almost be indistinguishable from a real one! Could even put him in camo gear and give him a sunburnt neck for ultra-realism

Nerd me up Scotty!
                        Now I had to go get a laptop and see what this was all about. That is one stunning wee truck
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X