Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to posting, with dead surf

Hello to everyone,

I've been hanging round in the background for a while, catching up on all the posts. I've owned my current surf since the summer of last year and due to the someone at somepoint using something like K-seal to mask the usual problems, my surf is now dead.

The head is covered with more pock marks than a teenager and the pistons are all screwed due to this as well. I need a replacement engine (no other choice), selling / breaking is not an option I have or intend to do. Do any of you know where I can get another engine from?

I've read a lot on various forums about recon engines that are just a tarted up waste of money and can't afford this to be a money pit, I already have one of those, lol.
    My surf is a 2.4TD auto and whilst I love the idea of a lexus conversion, I can't afford it. I think I'm right in saying that the 3.0 won't just bolt straight in, so I need another 2.4 if anyone has one or knows of one thats going for not a lot of money.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

hi mate , welcome
    this one any good for you http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78388
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

What made you look in that section?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
        hi mate , welcome
        this one any good for you http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78388
        Hello Nige. Welcome to the forum. As long as that "clicking noise" isn't anything serious, the engine sounds like the answer to your problems. It could be a real bargain. Looks like he's reasonably close to you, as well. Good luck.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          What made you look in that section?

I was just being nosey
          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for the welcome, I've posted a reply to Hodge in the hope that his engine is still available

Thanks again

Comment

Welcome along, I spotted a full recon on ebay for £1100 I think it was. But like you say you can't be sure, Might be worth it if you got a decent warranty with one.

Comment

Thanks Rob, but that's way out of my price range I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
                  I think I'm right in saying that the 3.0 won't just bolt straight in, so I need another 2.4
                  3.0 1kz will fit it just involves changing more parts, not worth the hastle though.

BUT,,, you are not entirely stuck with a 2.4, the same "L" family engines will fit, ie. a 2.8 (3L) or even a 3.0 (5L)
                  Not sure how common the motors are over there though, dime a dozen here in nz.

Best of luck mate, this forums the best place to get advice of surfs, some roody smart buggers on here
                  Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Thanks for the help Kiwi, so, as long as I can find an engine with an "L" designation, it should be pretty much a straight forward swap?

Will I need to change any of the other running gear if I put a 2.8 or 3.0 in though?

Comment

Yes fairly simple swap and using most of your existing parts, I dropped a 2.8 (3L) in mine a few months ago, same box as you just take your bell housing and bolt to new block, you will need to swap the fuel pump if yours is an efi and all the intake manifolds and lines, drill a hole for oil return in 2.8 or 3.0 L series as only the 2.4 had turbo from factory so it has hole already.

you may have crank angle sensor problems if you are efi as the 2.8 is manual pumped, either adapt to fit a crank angle sensor or find a manual pump
                      Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Working...
                      X