No announcement yet.

@ Vince your knowledge required pls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Vince your knowledge required pls...

Whats this bottom vac for? Its not connected to anything and looks like the pipe has been sawn at some point in its life?
    Attached Files
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Thats just a deleted coolant hose connection.
    There should be another spout on the other side. Engine coolant circulates through there to stop the throttle body icing up in colder climates.

Comment

Pants..
      thought i'd found the vac issue...
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        Pants..
        thought i'd found the vac issue...

Have you checked at the back of the inlet manifold?
        The brake servo pipe connects there.

Did the garage remove the inlet manifold and plenum?

Post up a photo of the engine and I have a look to see if anything is amiss.

Comment

Will have a look tomorrow in the light...
          The plenum came off but not the manifold iirc.
          When up to temp its ticking over a lot higher than before and the hunting disappears. How does that happen? Is there a 'cold' setting?? I assume he's upped the throttle to compensate for the hunting? Off tick over its fine, not missing, hesitating or bucking.
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
          X