Raspberry Pi, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi, anyone?

Just got a Raspberry Pi for christmas........ now, what to do with it?

Anyone else had any experience with them?
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

60 secs in the microwave and two scoops of vanilla icecream on top, luvley.

Comment

Got one myself. I put raspbmc on it and use it as the heart of a media system in the car. Also working on using to pull realtime info from the ecu something similar to the centrafuse system on iOS and android.... and put it all up on a 7" touch screen.

centrafuse
      Last edited by BigBobE; 7 January 2013, 00:18.

Comment

I read that Bob, and all I heard in my head was the voice of Charlie browns schoolteacher.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I know the feeling gwh... I just need something at the moment to focus on. So to build my project I am going to have to learn a few new skills.

On a side note. I now how you felt using your iPhone for the internet last time your were working up north. Stupid tablet has gibberish as it default language.

Anyway them Raspberry Pi are great little gadgets.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
            Got one myself. I put raspbmc on it and use it as the heart of a media system in the car. Also working on using to pull realtime info from the ecu something similar to the centrafuse system on iOS and android.... and put it all up on a 7" touch screen.

centrafuse
            i was thinking I.C.E. too, along with ECU read-outs. Also temp guarges, possibly level guages for fluids. i'll follow up the link, thanks.

Comment

Put it in one of these:

http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-...tarter-machine

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
                i was thinking I.C.E. too, along with ECU read-outs. Also temp guarges, possibly level guages for fluids. i'll follow up the link, thanks.
                I'll root out links when I get home but I have a few buts about diagnostics book marked... I'll throw up some more links... Are you going to use it on the truck. As all my links refer to obd2 system.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                  I'll root out links when I get home but I have a few buts about diagnostics book marked... I'll throw up some more links... Are you going to use it on the truck. As all my links refer to obd2 system.
                  yep, thats the idea!

Comment

Got my boy one for Christmas - not sure what he's done yet, but he's pretty clued up on IT stuff, as most 18 year olds are these days!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

@apache

Out of everyone I know on here, i was rather hoping YOU had done some clever stuff with one, that I could take up as ideas!

Comment

I'm waiting for my lad to get clued up, then I fancy building an RC plane autopilot
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                        X