enduro A.T tyres on my surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enduro A.T tyres on my surf

now got all tyres the same, or will have once fitted tomorrow, as a pointer, what tyre pressures should i have in road running conditions, or should I say, what pressures do you find works best, they are
    ENDURO 31 x 10.50R 15LT
    says a max of 50psi, never having tyres this big, do I run them at say 40psi, or less
    be grateful for your advice

thanks all
    I AM NOT THE BEST BUT I AM IN THE TOP 1

30 all round.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

brilliant, so many thanks
      I AM NOT THE BEST BUT I AM IN THE TOP 1

Comment

Had enduros on the surf before I changed to the AT2's & they were a good tyre, managed over 40,000 miles on a set.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

The PSI on the tyre sidewall is the maximum the tyre should be subjected to on a given weight. It is not what you should be pumping them up to. I accidentally pumped a tyre on my Peugeot to over 80psi because the gauge was out. Good job a double checked with my digital one.

Comment

I run my GG AT2's at 33psi all round, find it coasts better and tracks a bit true'r at that pressure

Comment

Originally posted by DLowe View Post
              I run my GG AT2's at 33psi all round, find it coasts better and tracks a bit true'r at that pressure
              That's because you are probably running on the centre 3rd of the tyre less contact less resistance might be wearing the centre more just my opinion.

Comment

The tyre rating stamped on the chassis is a bit like the pirates' code in as much that it is a guide, for instance how many of you can honestly say that you check or even change your tyre pressures before doing the airport run or sticking a ton of paving slabs in the back?

What works for one person may give somebody else a twitchy drive and how many of you have a calibrated pressure gauge, and more importantly do you all use the same gauge?

Have a look here.
                http://www.aawen4x4.com.au/index.php...rrent&Itemid=7

If you have the time and patience to try it you may well be surprised.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Had enduros on the surf before I changed to the AT2's & they were a good tyre, managed over 40,000 miles on a set.

I bet that took you ages just driving in and out of your garage Si?

Comment

It's irrelevant, he doesn't have a Surf.
                    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Working...
                    X