Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon arches

Just testing the water for a mate .
    He is producing real carbon fibre parts and wants to make a few hilux surf parts . He was wondering if anyone would be interested in any carbon fibre 2nd gen arches etc . Then will be replacement parts not just covers and made from high quality carbon weave.
    He said if there's enough interest he will make a set for mine to show how they look and then work out a group buy price .
    All ill need to do is give him a set of arches to make the moulds from and he will give it a go.
    So any interest or any other parts you'd like making from carbon and ill pass the info onto him
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

What about rear quarter bumpers ? Must be a worldwide market for them at a decent price. I'm still trying to perfect a stainless steel replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
      What about rear quarter bumpers ? Must be a worldwide market for them at a decent price. I'm still trying to perfect a stainless steel replacement.
      Would you get a real Carbon Fiber quarter for less than the price of a new chrome one? Even on mates rates?

And not very sensible for a part that hits the ground on even mild offroading.

Just my thoughs on it....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

When you say he is producing 'real carbon' parts, do you mean he is using pre-preg carbon + autoclave, or just wet lay? (This would mean a huge difference in price.)

Cheers, Nick
        "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I don't know the ins and outs of it myself but basically he's making the moulds , layering the carbon and using a vacuum it infuses it with resin . Ill ask him when I see him later this week but that's all I know for now. He just wanted to see if there would be any interest in parts before starting on moulds .

Comment

I'd like some arches like the icelandic trucks - see top gear red hilux
            Can he do them?
            And if not does anyone know where you can get them?
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

If he had a set to make a mould from then he could make some

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                And if not does anyone know where you can get them?
                Iceland?
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Why not the entire front wing? then it gives people a chance to get rid of the little parking mirror as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    Iceland?
                    Already tried there, they only had party sausage rolls and black forest cheesecake..
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                      I don't know the ins and outs of it myself but basically he's making the moulds , layering the carbon and using a vacuum it infuses it with resin . Ill ask him when I see him later this week but that's all I know for now. He just wanted to see if there would be any interest in parts before starting on moulds .
                      Sounds like it could be pre-preg then. Anything can be made, but for the mould of a wing/arch to be made then the cost of the carbon product, not much change out of £300 is my guesstimate! The mould would be fairly labour intensive plus the cost of the carbon, the time taken to lay everything up and vacuum bag it, and then the autoclave.
                      Not putting a damper on it, but it's an expensive game if done properly. (A friend of mine has been in the carbon game for years, and he only does pre-preg carbon products).

Cheers, Nick
                      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Aye, some sort of extended arches to accommodate a wider offset wheel or wheel spacers.
                        I'd be interested in that. Does he do fibreglass?

Comment

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
                          Aye, some sort of extended arches to accommodate a wider offset wheel or wheel spacers.
                          I'd be interested in that. Does he do fibreglass?
                          Like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5-4-WIDE...item564b2a6978 ?
                          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                            Yes funnily enough!
                            How did I miss these then

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                              (without going and checking, which I'm not going to do at this moment in time) at 3.5" they aren't much bigger than standard are they? Plus I don't get why they are split to go on the door? My standard ones aren't and don't.
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X