No announcement yet.

veggy oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon he's been sending his missus to do the weekly shop for the last eight years, alas hasn't seen the price of veg oil lately.

Comment

my local asda has there value 5l bottles at £4.39 buy 1 get 1 free so 43.9p per litre

Comment

cash and carry also does 20l drums for about 12 quid

Comment

I'm moving to where you live! My Mrs works for Asda so I've jut asked her to check what her store is doing on oil offers!

To which cash and carry are you referring?

Comment

Originally posted by benjo View Post
            my local asda has there value 5l bottles at £4.39 buy 1 get 1 free so 43.9p per litre
            Take the whole shelf at that price, then hide round the corner till they've filled it again!

Comment

Christ, it's 5 years since I saw oil (even in Costco and Bookers) for £12 for 20 litres. Are you communicating with us from 2007?

Last time I saw it for ~40p a litre was at Lidl around the date I mentioned above. Now it's £1.20 a litre - even in Lidl.

The price rise was why I stopped using it - IMO it's not worth it above £1 a litre because mpg is lower because the specific energy is lower than diesel, and its a faff. When I got waste oil for free it was worth spending the cash on filters etc, but when my source started wanting cash for it, I told him to stick it where the sun don't shine.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

gonna pop to asda then if only to see the latest 4x4 convention

Comment

Veg OIL

Originally posted by angloabroad View Post
                  gonna pop to asda then if only to see the latest 4x4 convention
                  I've just been to Asda and cant see any of this vegoil. Must have been a regional offer.

Comment

Veg Oil

I dont see point in using veg oil and messing around with petrol unless your getting the WVO for free. Theres a local bio diesel producer here selling it for £1,05 per litre,

Comment

Working...
                    X