Who would like some money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would like some money?

and has some spare time, and a garage...

As some of you know, I am now the owner of a Mitsubishi Delica. Having passed his first service with only a few comments on whether I'd actually paid for it, it's time to lavish some money on it. It's off to be converted into a camper in a week's time and will be getting a proper clean and some nice new suspension components in good time. Anyway, it looks like this:

Not too bad (if you like 80s vans), but the front bumper / valance is rusty, there's a dent in the sliding door and the colours are generally faded and weird. I would like the rust removed, filled and primed and possibly the door either un-dented or filled.

Once that's done, I'd like it repainted, probably white. My journeys through the internet tell me that the cheapest way do this involves (a lot of) sanding, a roller and a few pots of something called Rustoleum. I am told this is easy, cheap and delivers amazing results (considering)

Sadly, I am lazy and do not have a garage (or drive, or even a street outside my flat) so this kind of job is beyond me. I know we have a few tinkerers here and wondered it anyone would like to earn a few quid sorting it out for me.

I'm not expecting concourse (at all), but I would expect the rust to be sorted properly, not just overpainted. Could be a project for someone who wants to look into it on their truck and would liked to be paid for trying it out on someone else's.

No massive rush, you could have two to three months to do it. Distance from London not a big deal if you give me a lift to the station.

Any takers?

Bring it to me Adam....
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      Bring it to me Adam....
      I got it from Arran, so that's not as ridiculous as you think.....

Comment

ive restored a few vintage cars and minis so got a lot of experience in this sort of thing. the last 1 was a 1927 singer senior saloon (1 of only 2 left in the world) it was a complete rebuild from boxes of bits

Comment

Originally posted by benjo View Post
          ive restored a few vintage cars and minis so got a lot of experience in this sort of thing. the last 1 was a 1927 singer senior saloon (1 of only 2 left in the world) it was a complete rebuild from boxes of bits
          Does that mean you fancy a go? If so, how much? The Mitsi's 'disposable' so I'm willing to let people try stuff out on it. If it works, though, you can have a go at the Merc for decent money. Not nearly as rusty (go figure) but the current paint job's dreadful when you actually get near it.

Comment

Animal?
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I didn't know if that big is his thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                I didn't know if that big is his thing...
                Neither do I. Worth an ask though...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  Animal?
                  Animal any news on oil cooler block what did post office say? second happy christmas to all the surfers out there.
                  sorry for hijacking thread but forgotten how to post for myself and in a hurry
                  Last edited by Andy Pandy; 24 December 2012, 17:25.

Comment

:-)
                    Yes I do big jobs too . I can probably sort all of it for you depending on your budget etc. A few months ago I did an A team paint job on a van for a customer , ill try and find the pics out

And Andy pandy , ill text you mate. Got something sorted ;-)
                    Last edited by animal; 24 December 2012, 17:28.
                    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Did this ever get painted ? I like these funny little campers..

Comment

The rust is off, the filler and primer are on. The first few coats of rustoleum have gone on part of it, the fake wood Fablon has been trialled on one door and is looking amazing....

I've done it myself in the end. Just trying to get enough time at the weekends to finish it before it just keeps raining - I have to do the work in a car park.

Comment

This time of year is horrible to get anything done through the week. I get home about 20mins before it gets dark.

Look forward to seeing the finished project (and the fablon doors!)

Rob.

Comment

Don't know if this is your thing but...

Comment

Working...
                            X