Miserable day for a miserable job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miserable day for a miserable job.

One of our dobbins in being put to sleep today.

Feeling pretty sad, she's a lovely little thing, came to us half starved and terrible skin complaints after a cruelty court case 8 years ago after precious owner just abandoned her in a field with no food, water, shelter or rug.

She's the nicest horse you'll ever meet, so friendly and unassuming.

RIP Tammy.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

There's a couple of ponies around here that look neglected with just a token gesture for a shelter, if I had the space they would be here.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tony. We have three rescues at the moment and Jessie was heartbroken when another one died last year. At least they have had a great life compared to whatever horrors they had to put up with before though...
      Still a grim day for you both. Thoughts are with you.
      H

Comment

sorry to hear that,
        got 2 and 3 years ago someone stole them, got quite distressed when they wheren't there, but got them back.
        i understand you going to miss it, sorry
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Sad day for you and your family. Think of the 8 years of extra good life she had.
          We have been along this route a few times over the years and it never gets any easier.
          Best wishes,
          Mark and Ann

Comment

Sad news indeed, Tony. Think about the good times, and those eight extra happy years.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

The lovely pony i met? Mate, I'm so sorry to hear

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tony
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

That sucks Tony. Real bad news.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Always sad. We've lost 3 Dobbies over the years and it never gets easier.
                    Best wishes.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this Tony.

My wife and 7 year old daughter have both lost theirs this year. My wife's horse was put down at the start of the year due to illness, 20 odd I think, she's had her for nearly 15 of those, then just a couple of months ago my daughters pony was having breathing problems, vet came out, next thing I hear poor old thing had been put to sleep too, its a really sad thing to go through.

Rog

Comment

Sorry to hear that Tony, it must be a hard thing to go through. my daughter has a couple of ponies and i cant imagine what it must be like to loose one.

On a possitve note well done to you for taking it on and giving it a kind loving 8 years life.

Comment

Sad news It's cruel that nature does not let the animals that share their lives with us hang around for as long as we would like them to.

Comment

Working...
                          X