Your original truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your original truck

Just wondering if anyone still has the frist surf they bought? i've had mine comeing up to 8 years, is this a record? do i win a prize? or am i just a sad old sod?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Had mine for just over ten years.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      Just wondering if anyone still has the frist surf they bought? i've had mine comeing up to 8 years, is this a record? do i win a prize? or am i just a sad old sod?
      Ive had my current one for 5, the one before it for 1 and the one before that for 2, but I have a 1992 Mercedes 230E which I bought in 1996. Thats 16yrs of ownership and its still looks and runs "mint", but to answer your questions, no its not a record, ( Nev beat you ) and yes you,re a sad old git.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Yes.

I first bought my 3rd Gen in 2007, it was mint back then.
        Kept it for a year then begrudgingly sold it (to a mate).. Three years later bought it back (No longer mint, but still ok).

I have still got it!

Looking at giving it a bit of an overhaul

I have plans for it, and was contemplating buying a later facelift truck instead, but I might as well keep this, as I've poly bushed it all, replaced all ball joints, sound deadened it, and it's the only colour I want (Black) and Limited spec.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Only had the one - bought it in June 2004 and have no intention of getting rid of it (Unless we trip over a bucket of gold)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Bought my first Surf a 1990 2.4 in 2001, no problems after 7 years of use n now owned by Madcampbell ..... n my latest Surf is coming up 5 years n approaching 200,000 !!

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

And there was me thinking i was the only one who hadn't up-graded to a 3rd gen!! well done Nev / Bob,
              Alex! if you look in the dictionary under "sad git" it's got my name there

The winner (someone who had had their truck the longest and still has it) wins a closed end polished alloy center cap,!!!
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Had my 3 rd gen for 9 years, and had a 4 Runner before that

Comment

had 2nd gen now for 6yrs,its a 94 3ltr,208,+klms.fitted so far. new rad,new first gear solinoid,serviced regular,runs a dream.

Comment

still on my first surf, had it 4years. Got it at 69000miles on the clock, now a weeks driving off the 150000miles mark!

Still got my first landrover as well, had that 6years but its spent 5years and 5months in bits in my shed!

Comment

Still on my first. Bought 8 years ago this January. 3.0 KZN130.
                      Wife has kind of nicked it though..

Comment

On my second Surf. First one I kept for a year till funds run out. This one had it 2 years and hopefully will either keep it or upgrade to a 3.0 manual......

Comment

C'mon... I have to get some kind of points for buying it back!
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Wife`s 3rd GEN

had the wifes 3rd Gen 8years untill some T*AT set it on fire, and finaly sold my Landcruiser after 14years.
                            Live Life To The Full

Comment

S.o.g.

[QUOTE=POPEYE;Alex! if you look in the dictionary under "sad git" it's got my name there

Ian,only just seen this thread so we decided to take a poll,I have only got two "NO" votes,The wife is still counting the "YES" votes,I will let you know the tally in the new year.Just going out to get some more cardboard box's.

Seriously,Ian,hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for the new year,

Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X