3.0 Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 Manual

My 2.4 auto is running like a dream and I have spent a small fortune on her. Today our mechanic offered us a 3.0 Manual Surf which is in mint condition for 2k.......Very tempted, but I know I wont get any money back on what I've spent on mine. But hubby reckons manuals are more economical. What should I expect to sell mine for and is 2k for a 3.0 a good deal?

We paid 2k for our 3.0l manual and it was worth every penny. We get 27.3 mpg from it on a good run , whereas my highly nodded 2.4 auto was only doing 18-20mpg
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
      ...my highly nodded 2.4 auto was only doing 18-20mpg

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

As you may well know, owning a surf goes against any economy facts, main thing to be honest is where you drive it, you may well get annoyed with all the clutch and gear changing while in traffic, especially when your'e used to your auto.

I would say, give it a good test drive and see how you feel, it will be faster and more torquey but if you dont like the manualness you can always get a nice 3.0 auto for 2k.
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

We're mainly rural so it'd be nice to throw it into 2nd gear to overtake sunday driver. In the auto we are constantly stuck in high gear chewing fuel

Comment

I've got a 3.0L manual. Happy as Larry with it; no complaints. Pics in post no. 8 here Any questions, just fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by smurfL6 View Post
              My 2.4 auto is running like a dream and I have spent a small fortune on her. Today our mechanic offered us a 3.0 Manual Surf which is in mint condition for 2k.......Very tempted, but I know I wont get any money back on what I've spent on mine. But hubby reckons manuals are more economical. What should I expect to sell mine for and is 2k for a 3.0 a good deal?

Does it still have the original DMF?
              If it does, then put aside at least £500 for a new flywheel/clutch/fitting etc.

Comment

@ Bushwacker, Is it best to change them if your not sure? Mechanic took the 3.0 in as a part ex so has no history

Comment

Originally posted by smurfL6 View Post
                  @ Bushwacker, Is it best to change them if your not sure? Mechanic took the 3.0 in as a part ex so has no history

If the clutch is working OK and there's no odd noises when you press the pedal with the engine running, then it should be fine.

Here's a link to clutch parts....
                  http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=158

Wow! The Dual Mass Flywheel is more expensive than I thought!
                  Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 18 December 2012, 00:19.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    If the clutch is working OK and there's no odd noises when you press the pedal with the engine running, then it should be fine.

Here's a link to clutch parts....
                    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=158

Wow! The Dual Mass Flywheel is more expensive than I though!
                    More expesive than you though ?................
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                      More expesive than you though ?................
                      Expesive?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Expesive?
                        Note to self. When taking the p1ss, remember to spell check before submitting............
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                          Note to self. When taking the p1ss, remember to spell check before submitting............

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                          X