Another Newby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newby!

Hi there, just joined your most excellent forum! Just bought my dream truck, 1992 Surf 2.4d, for £731 off e-bay! It was advertised as spares or repair! Had lots of Hi-lux's and used to be in Hi-lux Pick-Up Owners Forum (HPOC) when I had them. Obviously it had more than a few problems but after reading your pages to clarify some of the points I didnt know I have sorted most! Best dodge so far was brake fluid in diesel to stop the high pressure pump leaking...It worked!I would also like to point out that in my opinion "Roughtrax" are ACE!

Great site!

Welcome, not a bad price for the truck, ther will probably be another cheapy when the police release my nabors truck, (after it got nicked and recovered)
    must admit i never heard of break fluid in the diesel! i used ATF in it before when on veg oil,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hello. C'mon, don't be tight with the pictures! It'll probably be washed and polished to within an inch of it's life by now.
      Non consternationes.

Comment

Hello Philip.Welcome. Enjoy the forum. Never heard of anyone putting brake fluid in their fuel before.......
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

hi there and welcome to the site

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

The brake fluid dodge was not on your site it was on an Aussie equivalent. I will be posting pictures just as soon as I take some! Got lots of mods planned but with usual time/money/job restraints getting in the way!

Jobs done so far;
              Changed complete rear window mech and motor (thanx Roughtrax for bits)
              New rear brakes (Roughtrax)
              Replaced all turbo pipes for nice shiny blue ones (Roughtrax)
              New tyres on rear (4x4 Tyres)
              New stereo to fit big hole in dash (Double Din-e stereo- Wilco)
              Fixed heater direction levers(Thanks to this site)
              Junked aircon gear as it didnt work and no coolant in it.
              New radiator (Roughtrax) Flushed system- Now have heat!
              New/2nd hand speedo fitted after the original one failed with accompanying flashing O/D light (Thanks to this web site for diagnosis)
              New exhaust down pipe (Roughtrax and advice from this site on easiest way to do job, a lot easier cos of the body lift)

Jobs intended;

Straighten bull bar fit spotlights.
              Fit intercooler and intake for turbo.
              Fit sunsheild above winsdcreen.

But as we all know, you never finish cos you always want to do more!
              Respray(?)
              Custom build stainless exhaust

Still find it amazing that all the electrics work on a 20 year old previously unloved vehicle!

Comment

Hello.
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

hi im also new to the forum got my surf this week aswell, same as you 91 2.4td few problems easily fixed like osr window stuck open and fault code 4, got it for £651 and its mint all but the bumpers have a small bit of rust but 2 new bumpers came with the truck (think il be putting a winch bumper on though). 21 year old truck and everything works even the hard/soft button for the shocks.
                  all my faults are now fixed so ive got loads of mods now to do like 2" body lift kit that i got today, 3" rear spring spacers, 2" front ball joint spacers diff drop and arb drop, oh and getting a set of 33 kl17's delivered in the morning. oh and my snorkel to fit.
                  by the way youre not far from me as im in wisbech near kings lynn if you fanc getting the truck dirty?

Comment

Working...
                  X