Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired Surf

Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired Surf, wheres the best places.

Have looked at rough trax, milner and ebay.

Am inclined to go with Milner as they are cheaper.
    Parts needed Steering idler and 2 Drop link rods for the front suspension

Very new to surfs after having a range rover classic for over 7 years ( parts seem to be a lot more expensive for surfs)

Originally posted by Shadyadie View Post
    Ordering Parts for my very recently acquired Surf, wheres the best places.

Have looked at rough trax, milner and ebay.

Am inclined to go with Milner as they are cheaper.
    Parts needed Steering idler and 2 Drop link rods for the front suspension

Very new to surfs after having a range rover classic for over 7 years ( parts seem to be a lot more expensive for surfs)
    All non Toyota parts generally come from the same supplier.

Surf parts are more expensive than Range Rover parts because they don't need replacing as often.

Comment

How much did you pay for your Surf?
      I hear this one is a bargain, late model low mileage, quite cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-K-TOY...ht_1063wt_1399
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        How much did you pay for your Surf?
        I hear this one is a bargain, late model low mileage, quite cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-K-TOY...ht_1063wt_1399
        I'm sensing a bee in your bonnet about that one...

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
          I'm sensing a bee in your bonnet about that one...
          Far from it, no bees anywhere near me, well I say that there are probably quite a few hundred or maybe even a few thousand near me, but I can say hand on heart there are none under my bonnet, but then I can't actually say that either for sure as my wife has the truck tonight and as unlikely as it is a bee could have flown into the engine bay and as far as I know the little fellow could be having a rest before making the final flight back to his hive to meet up with the rest of his bee fellows, but then apparently bee population has taken quite a dive of late, probably to be blamed on global warming or suchlike, so having a bee in your bonnet could be seen as a sign of good luck? who knows?
          Certainly not me.
          I do not think it wise to assume that as I did not use a emoticon or "smilie" that my mood could be judged.
          In fact if I may be as bold to offer up my feelings then as of now and for the majority of the day I would classify my mood as being happy if not joyful.
          I saw some very interesting things today, mainly in my course of work, but still it is not every day that you can walk through a car that has been cut in half, and by saying it was cut in half, it was more an engineered sectioning, very impressive.

It would take more than a aimless thread to get me worked up but your concern is noted and appreciated.

Winking Smilie
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

We're hoping to get some bees, some Mason bees to be precise.

Comment

The George Lazen variety are quite good.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Don't bother with the Les Batters veriety, they're feckless.

Comment

Do you have a link to these, I have had a look on Wiki but can't seem to find any mention of them.
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Probably much too niche. They are, I believe, related to the hubbly bubbly strain.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                      Far from it, no bees anywhere near me, well I say that there are probably quite a few hundred or maybe even a few thousand near me, but I can say hand on heart there are none under my bonnet, but then I can't actually say that either for sure as my wife has the truck tonight and as unlikely as it is a bee could have flown into the engine bay and as far as I know the little fellow could be having a rest before making the final flight back to his hive to meet up with the rest of his bee fellows, but then apparently bee population has taken quite a dive of late, probably to be blamed on global warming or suchlike, so having a bee in your bonnet could be seen as a sign of good luck? who knows?
                      Certainly not me.
                      I do not think it wise to assume that as I did not use a emoticon or "smilie" that my mood could be judged.
                      In fact if I may be as bold to offer up my feelings then as of now and for the majority of the day I would classify my mood as being happy if not joyful.
                      I saw some very interesting things today, mainly in my course of work, but still it is not every day that you can walk through a car that has been cut in half, and by saying it was cut in half, it was more an engineered sectioning, very impressive.

It would take more than a aimless thread to get me worked up but your concern is noted and appreciated.

Winking Smilie
                      No offense meant, I hope none taken...
                      Tell us about this sectioning, what where you doing it for?

Comment

It's a long story. It mostly concerns hiding gheyness.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It's a long story. It mostly concerns hiding gheyness.
                          OI, bee-have yourself.
                          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Bee-hive myself surely !
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                              No offense meant, I hope none taken...
                              Tell us about this sectioning, what where you doing it for?
                              I wasn't doing the sectioning, however I will see if I can upload the pics.

Your concern is noted, but I am a big boy now and I can take a bit of abuse.
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X