weepy rad !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weepy rad !

Evening all while I was under the truck yesterday I noticed my rad is leaking , but it is very minor since yesterday I have done 100 or so miles and It has only left one little run not even a drip . Now the is weeping from where one on the atf cooler pipes exits the rad there is a nut securing it it place and it is coming from between the nut and the rad body . Can I just nip the nut up or dose this mean new rad ? I know I have said its a very minor weep and I'm sure most would just deal with it but I put my truck through a lot of sh*t and find myself in some random places sometimes so I like to make sureshe is in good shape
    Always up to my neck in it

my rad cracked around that spot, currently held together with magic metal haha
    www.apmautos.com

Comment

You right it may be a crack how long has the magic metal lasted

Comment

Whether it is a crack or just the union leaking do you really want to chance it ?
        If it lets go completely will that leave you stranded and needing vehicle recovery and a new rad or worse?

I would not rely on magic metal as a permanent solution on such a critical component.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I totally agree with you I just need it to last until after Christmas and I a tad annoyed about having to replace it as I only fitted it 2 years ago and it is a good quality one too . Oh well probably my own fault maybe I knocked it offroading

Comment

Last 4 months so far and I really don't like it. Just can't afford to replace the rad. Only do short journeys so if it does pop I'm not to far from home.
            I'm saving for a replacement. But times are hard....
            www.apmautos.com

Comment

Replace it, it will only get worse. Be carefull there are a lot of poor quality Rads out there. I have recently replaced mine with a plastic and ally one from Boston Rads Linconshire.

Comment

Thanks for all the info the rad I have in at the moment is a RT one, buying a cheap rad is such a mad idea when its such an important part of the cooling system

Comment

My RT Rad failed in under two years, and a few others on here have had the same experience. I guess you are referring the plastic and ally as being cheap. But Boston Rads give a two year no quibble replacement guarantee. Also plastic top and bottom tanks are now fitted to new vehicles as standard. Personally I was fed up with soldered joints leaking.

Comment

Hi webbo sorry I didn't mean plastic and ally was cheap . I just ment there is some real crap for sale , a friend bought a rad for his 2nd gen on eBay because it was cheap BIG mistake it lasted 6 months before it started leaking I fit a lot of rads at work and they are all plastic and ally. I didn't know you could get one for our trucks I do wonder how durable it would be off road how much did you pay for your rad ?

Comment

Working...
                    X