New 4x4 made in china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4x4 made in china

Hi all, just looking at this new 4x4 from china i think it looks good for the money what do you think 13,500 ish new in uk.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/great-wall/steed

Hi Ziggy,
    We have just tested one of these at work. It is OK. Not as good as a Hilux but reasonably close.
    We haven't ordered any because the massive depreciation in value on Chinese cars makes the lease payments too high. It was cheaper to have a fleet of Hilux 2s.
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
      Hi Ziggy,
      We have just tested one of these at work. It is OK. Not as good as a Hilux but reasonably close.
      We haven't ordered any because the massive depreciation in value on Chinese cars makes the lease payments too high. It was cheaper to have a fleet of Hilux 2s.
      Mark
      Hi Mark, they have sold over 700,000 of these outside the uk massive company they will flood the uk market i think. interesting close to hilux as you say. the towing limit is a bit low 2 ton braked i think. im sillkeeping the surf

Comment

There's a dealer not far from us. I googled them and apparently they have some shocking reliability issues, mostly Australian articles as they have been on sale longer there.

I think once the warranty is done and you have gotten on first-name terms with all the garage lads, you may as well put a match to it.
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Couldn't agree more. They have been around here for 2 or 3 years now, they have an assembly plant or a big distribution centre in South Africa, where they are really pushing the brand. They also make an SUV thing, an abomination called the Hover, look it up on google images. Leave them well alone...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
            Couldn't agree more. They have been around here for 2 or 3 years now, they have an assembly plant or a big distribution centre in South Africa, where they are really pushing the brand. They also make an SUV thing, an abomination called the Hover, look it up on google images. Leave them well alone...

Cheers
            Production may have ceased, now, but this is one of their products that you may just recognise. It is, with a certain lack of originality, called the GWM Safe..........
            Attached Files
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Wow...

No, I have never seen the Safe round here, maybe coz they have only started bringing GWM cars here quite recently. Isn't it amazing how it looks just like a Surf in many ways...? They haven't even been very subtle about it, just copied a lot of the design...

Comment

Cheers
                Perhaps you may have missed the Haval H3 and the Haval H5
                Both from Great Wall.

The old Hover name was used by some one in Europe, so Great Wall abandoned that name.

For the price, they are amazing.
                They drive very good as well.

You can't compare the Hover to them, just no comparison.
                Even though they are just 2 years apart, they are miles better.
                The days when they name changed, was a day when they model changed also. Some time back in early 2010.

Suggest you look at the new H3 and the new H5, then decide if you like the look of them.
                Then price check them.

Also while your searching look at the new Haval H7

vette
                Last edited by vette; 9 December 2012, 16:51.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  Production may have ceased, now, but this is one of their products that you may just recognise. It is, with a certain lack of originality, called the GWM Safe..........

Wonder if spares are available for these, I like those rear light clusters and front indicators, should fit the 2nd gen Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Wonder if spares are available for these, I like those rear light clusters and front indicators, should fit the 2nd gen Surf.
                    Think you will get them from oz if they been selling there.

Comment

Just read a review. Apparently they're alright, but the build quality is poor. D rings in the tray come out easily, tray fills up with rain water, stitching in seat comes out with no wear.

Might be cheap, but comes with that cheap feel as well. Not for me thanks.

Comment

Not saying they won't get it right - after all, the devices we are reading these words on are very probably made in China - but they are not quite there at the moment.

No doubt all the gen they are getting from the JLR factory may help and after all, there is no copyright law over there, so the cars the UK export out there will be gone over with a fine tooth comb, and in a few years we will see product we would put our families in and punt down the M1 at serious speeds.

Surprised no-one has cracked the "Seem good value, them Chinese cars, but an hour later, you need to have another one" gag.

Rhum-cha.

Comment

I love it "Safe" not something I would associate with Chinese cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HTIueOuDQ

It doubles up as a coffin.

Comment

No, I have never seen the Safe round here, maybe coz they have only started bringing GWM cars here quite recently. Isn't it amazing how it looks just like a Surf in many ways...? They haven't even been very subtle about it, just copied a lot of the design...
                            I believe that for the body shells and panels, GWM bought some of the obsolete production presses and die stamping plant that were used in the Hino Trucks, Tahara facility, where 2nd gen's were manufactured. Don't know if they use the same chassis, but the engine, transmission, and running gear is definitely non Toyota.
                            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...fe+tail+lights

Comment

Working...
                              X