Shiny Club Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny Club Members

My humble application for membership. Washed and dried then the following 4 steps.

1.Meguiar's Crystal paint cleaner
    2.Poor Boys Show Glaze
    3.Meguiars polish
    4.Meguiar's Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax

Brian

Brian, I would say that more than qualifies you mate lol. Although your camera isn't doing you any favours. Mobile phone?
    I've always thought when you get a good shine up on black paint it looks like glass. Quality.

That list of products would set you back a pound or two to replenish. Vince recommended this stuff a while back from Valeters Pride and I swear by it now myself. It's easy on, easy off. One application after a wash and 8 quid a litre!!!

Brings the truck up a treat.

PS: Ignore the rear chrome. That's now in the skip.
    Also, loving that tool board!

Comment

All this shinyness, and together with probably the best looking 2nd gen in the UK has made me do a little sex wee!

9.99 out of 10 Brian, you're in!

p.s. I see the alarm LED side repeaters in the doors are still working then Gary.

p.p.s. Check out my shiny blackness!!

Comment

Been a while since I polished a car properly, I found it fairly relaxing.
        I will order that polish, very handy link, thanks. I have an old iphone and they are rubbish at pictures. I will get better pictures the next time the clothes are out.

Me! in the shiny club, where is Si
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Check out my shiny blackness!!:smitten
          That's exactly what I mean about looking like glass. That is shiny!

Here Brian, you'll be offering chromed rock sliders next

LEDs working a treat mate as is the whole alarm. I have a 'new' IACV for it so hopefully remote starting from cold is soon a reality and I can look forward to climbing into a pre-heated truck during the coming months
          Last edited by GBV8; 8 December 2012, 14:06.

Comment

has anyone tried a claybar on their car before applying wax/polish? you'll be amazed how much dirt is still in the paint after a good wash and makes a huge difference to the finished cars shine

Comment

I have just tried a clay bar and it left a really weird deposit all over the paint. It was like a sugary gloop...

Edit: Perhaps it was a Mars bar!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

http://daemon4x4.org/board/topic.php?id=5399

My last shiney attempt, after I put the steelies on. Too much work to maintain. I swear it grows as soon as the polish is out.

This was with just a wash then autoglym super resin polish.
                well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Autoglym is crap on anything but brand new paint!

Comment

Phew! That's better!

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Whys that? I always thought it was one of the better ones.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                        Whys that? I always thought it was one of the better ones.
                        I've used it in the past and thought it smelt nice but nothing special about the finish it gives on old paint. Notice they always show new or restored Aston Martins in the adverts?

The best polishes contain Carnuba wax and NO silicones. Also you don't get the white powdery dust left on the rubber window trims etc.

The wax polish in the link in GBV8's post above is the business, apply one good coat, buff it and it will last weeks, not a couple of days like silicone polishes do.

Comment

Good to know, i've never been one for mega finishes as I just go dirty it a few days after, but do like the freshly cleaned look.

Comment

My stepson is really into car valeting and detailing and so is really into what polishes and waxes are the best, when he details a car, he first washes a car down then clay bars it off, then rinses it down again to remove residue from claying, then he will machine polish any imperfections out, once that is done he will polish car with autoglym super resin polish as it is widely thought of as one of the best polishes on the market, then once all residues have been cleaned off with microfiber clothes, he will then use a wax like colinite 476 which has a long life on the car. There is a difference between polish and wax as the polish creates the shine and the wax protects the shine and the paintwork. The products I've mentioned are what I would call good everyday stuff, you can get some ridiculously expensive products that protect even better such as gtechnic EXO which is a spray on paint protectant at 125 quid a can! Or swisswax which is 750 quid for a 200ml pot! Don't think I'll be trying any of the really expensive stuff anytime soon...

Comment

Is that gleam on the navigator achieved by machine or hand buffed?

I am just shiny club curious
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X