Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 gear stick

hi
    can some give my some idea to the 4x4 gears for example which one would it be to pull a 44ton artic, and which one for gen 4x4 off road ? soon to have gen 3, p reg muilty 4x4.

cheers Ark

Can't tow 44 ton with a surf.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhVihvjPypE

Comment

4x4 gear stick

Thats mint - is there anything they can't do!

Comment

I would pull that kind of weight in low range so you don't munch the clutch (if its manual) Also video it

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
            hi
            can some give my some idea to the 4x4 gears for example which one would it be to pull a 44ton artic, and which one for gen 4x4 off road ? soon to have gen 3, p reg muilty 4x4.

cheers Ark
            !
            Attached Files
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

re moving

friend as a hilux pick up 2.4 diesal, and claims he pulled a 44ton lorry of a weighbridge that broke down.

Comment

friend as a hilux pick up 2.4 diesal, and claims he pulled a 44ton lorry of a weighbridge that broke down.
                Totally believeable.
                Just because it weighs 44 tonnes, doesn't mean it's a 44 tonne dead weight. It rolls freely remember.
                Look at the Worlds Strongest Man - they pull lorrys using only some fancy trainers and a big leather belt. Just think what they could do if they had Low Ratio and an extra pair of trainers on!

How did the weighbridge break down?
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Ha ha weighbridge, who said anything about not being able to tow 44 ton, it may have been a comment aimed at legalities....
                  well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post

How did the weighbridge break down?
                    The weighbridge was a 44 ton lorry.

Comment

re pulled

ok
                      he pulled a 44ton lorry that had broken down on a weighbridge with hes 2.4 diesel pick up

Comment

Right, now we are getting somewhere!

hi

cheers Ark
                        Couldn't you ask your friend which gears he used?
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

How far are you going to be pulling it? Found a surf with a cracked head on ebay because the owner decided one day to pull a 4.5 ton trailer and it overheated.

Comment

re surf

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
                            How far are you going to be pulling it? Found a surf with a cracked head on ebay because the owner decided one day to pull a 4.5 ton trailer and it overheated.
                            hi
                            i have no intentions of pulling 44tons, i was using it as an example, because i wanted to know about using the hi and low 4wd lever and what to put it in when taking it off roading.
                            Ark

Comment

General off roading/green laning, leave it in 2wd high, unless very muddy then use HI 4. For extreme gradients or pulling 44 tonne trucks or even 2 tonne trucks out of mud holes use Low 4. Now, do you have a little red button on your truck...?
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X