rear window fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window fix

Just thought I'd let you know what I did to fix my rear door window runner. One of my runner's was rotten, the nearside one. It clamps on the glass with a squeeze fit. The runner wheel was no longer working due to the runner falling to bits. I fixed my runner thanks to a vectra. Astra also have the same system. The rear window on either cars will go straight on, or you can cut the front runner in half. The glass in the Vauxhall will smash!! They have such a firm grip.
    I had to trim the runner wheel on the surf with a razor blade, or you could use any safe sharp blade. You just need to trim a mil off, then the vaux runner will go straight on. A big bonus also, is that it's made of alloy!
    Put the rubber seal on the glass first! Then pop the alloy runner over. It's a good fit!
    What comes around goes around!!

Well done fella, take any pics?
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

No, soz. Got too engrossed, lol. I will though

Comment

Yep, we need pictures.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I have a set of new runners waiting to go on when I get a minute. Are the old ones hard to take off? Are they just slid on like you say?

Comment

They just lever off, but take care doing it. I will get some pics sorted asap

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo View Post
              Just thought I'd let you know what I did to fix my rear door window runner. One of my runner's was rotten, the nearside one. It clamps on the glass with a squeeze fit. The runner wheel was no longer working due to the runner falling to bits. I fixed my runner thanks to a vectra. Astra also have the same system. The rear window on either cars will go straight on, or you can cut the front runner in half. The glass in the Vauxhall will smash!! They have such a firm grip.
              I had to trim the runner wheel on the surf with a razor blade, or you could use any safe sharp blade. You just need to trim a mil off, then the vaux runner will go straight on. A big bonus also, is that it's made of alloy!
              Put the rubber seal on the glass first! Then pop the alloy runner over. It's a good fit!
              Does this fix apply to 3.0 litre?
              Cheers

Comment

All 2nd gen models with electric wind down rear window (which i think they all have?). I still aint had chance to take pics, but its not hard to fix at all. I am lucky, my garage is next to a scrap yard and their good mates. I just had a look around and found them. Its a must for surf owners! Right length and a bit trim of the nylon wheel and you have a rust proof runner for pennys and all fitted in twenty minutes!!!

Comment

Working...
                X