Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterless coolent

Hi guy,
    Has anybody try Evans waterless coolant? If so how did it go,any problems?

We had this question a few weeks ago. The general consensus is that it is snake oil.

Straight water is the best for cooling but risky in the summer and impossible in the winter. You should use 40/60 or 50/50 Antifreeze + water ideally.

If you are having overheating issues then you need to replace/service the part that is at fault. If it is still not adequate for your needs then you need to consider upgrading parts of the system.

Comment

If you are going to use an anti-freeze and water make up as opposed to a coolant which already has anti-freeze (pre-mixed) it would be a very good idea to use de-ionised water.

De-ionised water £1.49 for 2.5 litres from Sainsbury's.

You will also need to check the anti-freeze level that your mixture has provided.

You may as well be better off using pre mixed coolant,then you can be fairly sure it will be ok.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Waterless Coolant

Just seen that episode of Wheeler Dealers and its really confused me.Him with the big head seemes to say that when in use the waterless coolant does not get hot,if that is correct then how can it absorb heat from the engine if itself does not get hot.Or did I misunderstand what he was saying. ????
        I know one of you will have the answer.

Comment

Working...
        X