Looksy what i just bought!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looksy what i just bought!

A Lock-Right Locker. Replied to an add in Buy & Sell and met the guy tonight. Turns out it was the guy JimL was talking to a while ago with the rolled 1st gen 4runner. (he's sold the body already Tony) Also turns out i met him before. He's a friend of my ex's dad. He wasnt sure if there would be a problem with fittin git to an ADD equipped Surf, because it came from a solid axle, but i looked up on the web site and its the same number for the 4runner from 86 to 2000, so i think i'm ok. He also has taken the 1KZTE engine out of the 4runner and will give me first refusal on it for about 2 grand. He says its a pretty easy swap. Anyway, cant wait to get my locker in and try to get stuck somewhere.
    Attached Files
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

DEREK have you won the lottery or are you single, I wish i had your money LOL
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Actually, i'm getting married in 6 weeks, so i have to get it all out of my system before then, when she he must be obeyed takes over!
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

That's it Del, you already have one mean lookin truck, now you're just determined to make us even more jealous!

Lifted, sliders, disconnects, locker, etc, just as well your spending will come to an end after the coming nuptuals or no-one would have any hope of catching up.

Seriously tho, nice move, and good luck with the forthcoming knot tying.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

nice one Masta Delek, that fella Sean :shameless name-drop: had an ARB rear air locker that he worked off an aircon unit (kept it though). Hes got lots of tinkering savvy with the yotas

Comment

Yeah, Jim. We sat, talking for an hour about Surfs & Cruisers. Very nice guy. Very attached to his ARB though. Hes also rejigging a 4.2 v6 from a Landcruiser 100 which he plans to put in a 90. Should be interesting. If this guy doesnt know anything about Surfs, its not worth knowing. Gonna pull my diff tomorrow, will try to take a few pics! really want that 3 litre though. He says its a straight bolt on to the 150 gear box, just need to reweld the mounts further back.
            Del
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
              .....really want that 3 litre though. He says its a straight bolt on to the 150 gear box, just need to reweld the mounts further back.
              Del
              Just as well you've been practicing your welding skills then, better buy it before the weddin Then again, on second thoughts, stop you'll only continue your trend for making others green
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Yeah! Probably wont be allowed to leave the house after! I'll have to build a souterrain to the shed!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

A Lock-Right Locker. Replied to an add in Buy & Sell and met the guy tonight. Turns out it was the guy JimL was talking to a while ago with the rolled 1st gen 4runner. (he's sold the body already Tony) Also turns out i met him before. He's a friend of my ex's dad. He wasnt sure if there would be a problem with fittin git to an ADD equipped Surf, because it came from a solid axle, but i looked up on the web site and its the same number for the 4runner from 86 to 2000, so i think i'm ok. He also has taken the 1KZTE engine out of the 4runner and will give me first refusal on it for about 2 grand. He says its a pretty easy swap. Anyway, cant wait to get my locker in and try to get stuck somewhere.
                  Nice one Derek, I dont surpose he kept the rollbar from the 1st gen? Jiml said he had but you never know the guy may have one laying around his garage..not that I'm clutching at straws or desperate or anything,it just that when I get one TontN will stop trying to get me to swap my tailgate for his rollbar..........
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

just need to reweld the mounts further back.
                    Del
                    or you could just modify the crossmember so that it still reaches the old holes, I did that with my pickup gearbox

Comment

Good idea Jim.
                      Sumo, i'll ask him next time i talk to him. Pretty sure he's sold the whole body!
                      Got the locker put in my diff yesterday. Saturday was spent taking the diff out. Took about 4 hours. Not a pleasant job, but did it all without having to jack my rig up. Spent 5 hours stripping the whole front diff and ADD etc, cleaning it up and putting everything back together. Still have to put it all back in the Surf, but that can be done bit by bit. Have an oil leak where the driveshaft enters the transfer case, hopefully can just pull the shaft out and replace the oil seal. Anyone know if its easy?
                      Cheers
                      Del
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X