No announcement yet.

Advice on :cough: other 4x4s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop messing about and get her a Fiat Multipla.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I'd also recommend the latest Patrol you could find. I had one for 11 years/160k. Only thing that went wrong in that time was the headlamp washer jet non return valve emptied the washer tank if it was parked facing downhill!

Comment

Thanks for the LR lowdown, Ezza. Food for thought.

They (Patrols) are 7 seat as well... which avoids us always taking 2 cars to ferry my folks around if they visit. Hmmmm...

New (05-) Merc M classes get good marks too. I remember the old ones (built by rednecks in Georgia) were shocking, but the new ones are supposed to be completely different.
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

As above i'd avoid the Landies.
          Mate has a Patrol. Nice, slightly agricultural but nothing ever seems to go wrong.
          Audi all-road great until the air suspension breaks..
          I love the VW Touareg personally (without air suspension..)
          Or theres that Volvo..

Comment

Scooby Forester
            30+ mpg on a run
            midish 20's around town with a heavish right foot

Still be better on fuel than a RR and you will be able to drive every day where the RR will be broken down most of the time
            Still not sure why its called Range Rover, as they never have much range from a garage.

Bloke at work has got one (well had), had it for two years. Two gearboxes, failed air suspension twice couldn't wait to get rid of it.
            Last edited by Koi; 16 November 2012, 14:56.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by cazyp View Post
              As above i'd avoid the Landies.
              Mate has a Patrol. Nice, slightly agricultural but nothing ever seems to go wrong.
              Audi all-road great until the air suspension breaks..
              I love the VW Touareg personally (without air suspension..)
              Or theres that Volvo..
              Reading the reader reviews on AutoTrader, the Toureg and Volvo XC90 both seem to have too many i$$ue$. Of course, every make and model will have lemon specimens doing the rounds, but I saw enough to put me off.

Now I know why I have a Surf...
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

To be honest, a sruf, landcruiser and patrol are the boys in my eyes, i'd have any of them, but patrols are expensive to buy
                What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo View Post
                  To be honest, a sruf, landcruiser and patrol are the boys in my eyes, i'd have any of them, but patrols are expensive to buy
                  Cheaper than landcrusiers and cheaper than "good" 3rd gen surfs.

I searched high and low for both Toyotas before plumping for the Y 61. Yep,Toyotas are better in some aspects, no doubt about that, I genuinely wish I could have found a similar spec and condition Toyota for what I gave for the Patrol.I would have stuck with Toyota if I could have done so.

Comment

I couldnt find a patrol for under £4000 here? Got my 2nd gen for £1000

Needs tinkering, but i like to mess about, no labour charges
                    What comes around goes around!!

Comment

I hit a bouncing caravan wheel at seventy in an m class and carried on for 300 miles without a problem, so rate them....

Comment

Originally posted by Gazbo View Post
                        I couldnt find a patrol for under £4000 here? Got my 2nd gen for £1000

Needs tinkering, but i like to mess about, no labour charges
                        Fair comment, but a quick look an autotrader shows 7 under £4000.

I like tinkering with my cars as well, so know where your coming from.............

Comment

Personally I'd have the LC Amazon if I had 12k to spend on something.

Have you thought about a Kia Sorento? Not everyones cup of tea but SWMBO has a 06 version and it's not been a bit of trouble in the last 18 months we've had it. 2.5 XE she's got. Plenty of space for 3 kids plus 2 dogs and shopping in the back, tows a trailer pretty well when I've used it occasionally and returns slightly over 30mpg doing the school run and trips here and there.

Just a thought like.
                          If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Working...
                          X