Mitsubishi (sorry) Delica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi (sorry) Delica

Does anyone know anything about these? I just bought one (L300) to convert to an exciting camper. I have no idea why I did it, I just got a weird impulse.

It's had a new cylinder head and a bit of suspension work in the last year so it can't be all bad.....

Done a good few heads and even an engine on the 2.5 diesel. Bottom pulley are prone also, but they are on most car's nowadays. That's about it really? If your head's been done, should be fine
    What comes around goes around!!

Comment

is that the 4m40 engine? if so thefront seal on the fuel pump can fail, resulting in derv in the engine and oil in the fuel filter, cheap fix bugger to do. if its not the 4m40 then i will go away until christmas
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        is that the 4m40 engine? if so thefront seal on the fuel pump can fail, resulting in derv in the engine and oil in the fuel filter, cheap fix bugger to do. if its not the 4m40 then i will go away until christmas
        Cheerio, Colin. It's the 4D56 in the L300. That'll be the 2.5 that chews through heads.....

Comment

Well, I picked it up and drove it home to London from western Scotland, so it can't be all bad. Some weird niggles but, after a couple of surfs, nothing that alarms me....

Two weird things - the guy said when I picked it up 'oh yeah, I forgot to say that it's got six spare wheels - they're in the boot'. Anyone want a set of six stud alloy wheels, as pictured below. Should fit a 2nd gen I think (yes, if someone actually does I will pay the advertising fee and a bit more - I'm not expecting anyone to want them. Also, I'm not posting them and that's the end of it).

He also gave me his old cylinder head, which was nice. Are there people that puy them to recondition and sell on? I'm thinking the number of people that do 'exchange' new ones, they must also want old ones on their own????

Comment

From what I recall the Delica is basically a Shogun/Pajero with a different body - a bit like the Surf 3rd Gen/Prado ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

yeah, l300 is the older boxier paj. the l400 is the slightly rounder mid 90s one. if you thought a 2.4 was slow, I have quite an experience to offer you....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                yeah, l300 is the older boxier paj. the l400 is the slightly rounder mid 90s one. if you thought a 2.4 was slow, I have quite an experience to offer you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVbsBpitaUE

Comment

Trust you...

Believe me, it would fall over immediately. If you want to have a go, though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                    Well, I picked it up and drove it home to London from western Scotland, so it can't be all bad. Some weird niggles but, after a couple of surfs, nothing that alarms me....

Two weird things - the guy said when I picked it up 'oh yeah, I forgot to say that it's got six spare wheels - they're in the boot'. Anyone want a set of six stud alloy wheels, as pictured below. Should fit a 2nd gen I think (yes, if someone actually does I will pay the advertising fee and a bit more - I'm not expecting anyone to want them. Also, I'm not posting them and that's the end of it).

He also gave me his old cylinder head, which was nice. Are there people that puy them to recondition and sell on? I'm thinking the number of people that do 'exchange' new ones, they must also want old ones on their own????
                    I quite like that... in a "I like the missus to punch me when we're fcuking" kinda way.
                    Last edited by Dodge; 9 December 2012, 23:40.

Comment

Would be good to go out in the wilderness with that. Off-road for a few days straight and camp wherever you feel like it. Better than sleeping in the back of surf

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Aghhhh, look what you've done to me. I went looking for this:

http://www.sella.co.nz/motoring/cars/mitsubishi/9zxyyk/

and found this:

Comment

I've always liked those Porsches, one day..................

Comment

Finally, a useful Porsche!

I think that looks great!
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              Finally, a useful Porsche!

I think that looks great!
                              You are kidding

Looks like a pimps mobile hot tub.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X