Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?

My Surf?(94 3ltr auto) has none of the SSwhatever spec letters on the tailgate but seems to have most of the extras, ie, winter pack, a/c, leccy most things, but standard seats, no cruise control and no suspension mode switch.

Does this make it a 4runner? It seems to be a Jap import.

http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_general.htm
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

What's the long code on the vin plate?

Comment

Does it matter? Its a surf and we all love em no matter the specs.

Mine was a top of the line with cruise control, 2 mode suspension and air-con but as none of that even works now (ripped out in engine swap) really mines at the bottom now, yet I still love driving it
        Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Originally posted by Tankerman View Post
          4Runner is the official european import,and always have 17 digit chassis numbers. UK 4Runners are normally 3.0 manual box,no air con,no parking wing mirror,underslung spare tyre,grey fabric interior,non EFI fuel pump,no wheel arch flares,and lots of rust!!!
          If yours has a 13 digit chassis number it's a home market model IE Jap import.

Regards

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Tankerman View Post
            My Surf?(94 3ltr auto) has none of the SSwhatever spec letters on the tailgate but seems to have most of the extras, ie, winter pack, a/c, leccy most things, but standard seats, no cruise control and no suspension mode switch.

If it has a foglight set into the tailgate then it's a 4Runner.
            If the foglight has been added to the bumper, it's a Surf.

Comment

That'll be a jap surf then. Not really too fussed, just like to know these things! Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Working...
              X