Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hi all,hope someone can help.Fitted a recon alternator last week all ok till 7 oclock tonight,just popped up the road and all the dash lights came on and buzzer,thay went off came on went off then stayed on.Got out to check belts all ok,started it up went round back to check rear lights were all on,noticed one number plate light was out,tapped light and it came on and dash lights went out.By time i got home dash lights on again,checked fuses and wires all seem ok,started engine dash lights stayed off until engine was reved then all back on again.Any help would be great. Many thanks up front Mick

Do you mean all dash lights or battery light? Check you have connections tight on alt and batteries or plugs plugged in properly
    What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Sorry ment battery light plus 3 others and turbo light,all cables and plugs tight.Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Something shorting somewhere? I would say the alt is not the best recon??? Electrics can be funny and throw all kind of lights up. It can still be charging fine, but if there is a short in the multiplug connection inside the alt (I am sure they have one? Been ages since i last tinkered with a surf) then this could throw lights on elsewhere

Comment

A bad earth will cause the ignition lights to stay on and sound the buzzer.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by mad o View Post
            noticed one number plate light was out,tapped light and it came on and dash lights went out.
            Does that not tell you to fix the light? Maybe that's where the problem is.

Nev

Comment

Hi Nev,replaced the bulb and check the earth wires all tight and clean.Whould it be poss that the ecu is holding a fault on the electricul side of things. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mad o View Post
                Whould it be poss that the ecu is holding a fault on the electricul side of things. Thanks again.
                No. Recheck the wiring around where you replaced the bulb for any possible shorts.

Nev

Comment

If it's putting the battery light on, then 9 time's out of 10 it's alternator related, which would suggest a dodgy reconditioned alternator.

Comment

Working...
                  X