Got myself another surf!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself another surf!!

Well, lets hope i can turn this thing into a beast!! Its manual and 2.4td. Aint had it on road much yet, but seems mechanically sound. Just needs a Gazbo service and tlc
    Waiting for one of my punters to shot blast the wheels, then painting them 2pac black
    Got a new door on its way and new steps. Needs both rear 1/4 pans welding behind bumper, but that can wait till i get a new bumper first.
    So, wheels, then steps, then quarters, then doors, then respray.
    Do odds and ends like radio and stuff imbetween
    Last edited by Gazbo; 6 November 2012, 21:53.
    What comes around goes around!!

Originally posted by Gazbo View Post
    Well, lets hope i can turn this thing into a beast!! Its manual and 2.4td.
    Good Luck!
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Right then, got the wheels silver instead

Changed radio but waiting for new fascia. Took silly tint tape off back window and oiled the runners and gears so the glass runs quick and steady!

Serviced brakes and changed two brake pipes that someone had bodged on, the main ones next!

and...the biggest saver!!

Someone had fitted a new water pump and timing belt before i got it, but me being me, had to check things were done right, i found out that the belt had been getting rubbed on outer edge? Maybe someone had not fitted the cover right and it was catching? Well i got myself a new belt and while fitting it, discovered that the daft buggar had dropped a bolt out the tensioner down the timing cover and it fell, luckily, down the bottom of the crank pulley and had melted into the timing cover

...well, all sorted now, proper job could of been another story had i not checked!!!

Starter motor is playing up now, need brushes, but sure i can find something? Fixed my last surfs starter no prob

And so the surf goes on!!

Comment

Just the head and the flywheel to go then.....

Comment

Lol, clutch and flywheel changed before I got it :-P heads a different subject like. :-o

Comment

Working...
          X